cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 LED Light Quit Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 LED Light Quit Working

My GS6 LED just suddenly quit working. I tried using a 3rd party app and still no luck. Has anyone experienced the same problem? I am not sure if this is a hardware or a firmware issue. I'd appreciate anyone's feed back.

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: Galaxy S6 LED Light Quit Working

google how to do a partition wipe on your device..this is NOT a factory reset..but it might fix your issue and speed up the phone while its at it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

We are having the same issue and were informed that the phone was overheating which was causing the LED to go out - screen is black even if completely charged.  The tech repair refused to even look at the phone because the screen was scratched.  We have had the phone for less than 6 months and have insurance but it is ridiculous to have to pay $200 for a problem that seems to be a manufacturing defect.

Does this actually fix the problem?

GrandMaster

if there is something mucked up internally then yes it can possibly fix it. its a step down from doing a complete factory reset so its an attempt before taking that bigger step.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I appreciate your response. I have actually tried the partition wipe before that didn't help. Then I discovered after resetting it to manufacturer's setting that it's FIXED. I was actually about to send that phone back to sprint when they sent me a refurbished one as a replacement, which I wasn't happy about. My phone was in far better condition than the one sent to me. So luckily I didn't have to send them my original phone now that it's working.

Journeyman

I suggest in the future to download Smart Switch app to your PC; backup for your files then reset your phone to Manufacturer's Settings. That worked for me.

GrandMaster

yeah the partition wipe is just a step in the direction before having to fall back to doing the dreaded FR. it usually fixes tons of issues but sadly it cant fix all of them lol.

at least the FR isnt as mind numbing as it used to be with the older devices.

Journeyman

It's because Samsung phones have well known issue for randomly uncheck marking the notification led in the settings .. if it happens again check your settings first

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat