cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Reception Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 Reception Issues

I recently upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S4 to the new Galaxy S6 and so far I'm extremely unhappy with all forms of wireless reception. With this "newer" and "better" S6 I'm now getting:

-Horrible phone reception (1 bar when I use to get 4 bars with my S4).

-Dropped calls CONSTANTLY! That never happened with my S4.

-Calls never received (that go straight to voicemail).

-Even my wifi connection is different (poor reception and much slower when father away from my access point). And this S6 won't even connect to my wifi repeater - that's new. Every other device I own doesn't have a problem.

MY QUESTION: How do I fix it? My nearest cross streets are in zip code 90732 at 25th Street and Western Avenue.

And if I can't get this fixed, I'll need a new phone. Any suggestions for a phone comparable to the Galaxy S6?

I have a hunch the metal plate in my S6 for the wireless charging feature is blocking/degrading all wireless capability in my S6.

Thanks,

Matt

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issues that you are having that I did not have with my s4. I wish sprint would get their chit together

Highlighted
Journeyman

Read the other posts, this is a Sprint issue, not the phone.  It is a problem for a lot of people with the Sprint network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's why I said sprint needs to find some act right... the s6 is a great phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having these issue with this phone and it makes me so frustrated to have updated from the S4 where I had no problems whatsoever, to the S6 which is supposed to be newer and better, only to find I have to put the stupid thing on CDMA in order to get any signal whatsoever. I bought an LTE phone that I'm forced to use with 3G speeds. And I only have 2 weeks to decide if this is worth it, or if I want to go through the mess of returning my phones and the cases I already bought through Amazon. I could seriously just scream right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem!!!

My son and I both "upgraded" to the S6 and now get 0 - 1 bar. We were both using HTC EVO 4G LTEs before and got pretty good service. Both of the new Galaxy S6s are getting horrible reception, if any at all. This is unacceptable. The phone is great... but if you can't make or receive calls, it's not much of a phone. However, everything I read leads me to believe this is a Sprint issue, not a device issue!

Grand Junction Colorado, 81506 & 81501

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea and only other posts it says to post reply to a post that is locked.... supposedly the techs are working on a fix but idk what the hold up is

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues. Minneapolis area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im in gso zip code 27408 if you are watching sprint

Highlighted
Community Manager

Folks we are working on the issue.  Updates will be provided, when they become available.  For now, let's keep the discussion to one thread here: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint has released a patch today for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge to help those customers experiencing a high amount of dropped calls. Please read this post to learn more:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-gala...

Thanks for being Sprint customers!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the same exact problems with S6. The patch or update was made to the phone didn't fix anything problems still exist. I don't know if its the phone or the useless sprint network.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat