cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Reception Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 Reception Issues

I recently upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S4 to the new Galaxy S6 and so far I'm extremely unhappy with all forms of wireless reception. With this "newer" and "better" S6 I'm now getting:

-Horrible phone reception (1 bar when I use to get 4 bars with my S4).

-Dropped calls CONSTANTLY! That never happened with my S4.

-Calls never received (that go straight to voicemail).

-Even my wifi connection is different (poor reception and much slower when father away from my access point). And this S6 won't even connect to my wifi repeater - that's new. Every other device I own doesn't have a problem.

MY QUESTION: How do I fix it? My nearest cross streets are in zip code 90732 at 25th Street and Western Avenue.

And if I can't get this fixed, I'll need a new phone. Any suggestions for a phone comparable to the Galaxy S6?

I have a hunch the metal plate in my S6 for the wireless charging feature is blocking/degrading all wireless capability in my S6.

Thanks,

Matt

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey,

I had the same problems with the S6. I never had with the S4. Either its the phone or Sprint's networks can't handle the data. I have called customer service, tried to return the phone on the 16th day, brought it in for service. Sprint keeps telling me the phone works fine then even tried to sell me the insurance. What balls they have. I'm leaving Sprint. there is a reason they only have 15% market share. The customer service is terrible and the network stinks.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its the phone more than likely..you guys are in need of a bug fix/phone update to make some adjustments on how it reads everything etc..same deal with the M9

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you guys are getting 5.1 starting today..looks like they included bug fixes into it.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find-and-update-the-software-version-on-your-Samsung-Galax...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have any reception issues but it's installing while I write.  I'll post how it goes. Thanks!

-Rod

Highlighted
GrandMaster

much appreciated..always helps for people to report what they see or dont see happening so others have a heads up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update installed without a hitch however the connectivity issue remains a problem where my wife works. The tower is 1.6 miles away and I can see it from her office.  Data locks onto 3G and occasionally will lock onto the Spark signal for very short periods. She does not have any voice issues at all, just data connectivity.

Overall the update looks to be working like designed, no issues with it at this time other than the intermittent connectivity.

I'll do some more testing in locations where I go within the 79999 area where I have had some data connectivity issues.

Thanks.

-Rod

Message was edited by: 6850buggypilot

I'm not sure at what level our network is here.  This may be the issue with the connectivity issue my wife is having.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

in that case then yeah its for sure a network deal since its location based. one of the agents can probably look into that tower and the surrounding towers in the customer service forum. if you need that let me know and i can link you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed the update but I'm still having issues with the network. According to the coverage map, the Spark network should be fantastic everywhere in Manhattan. Unfortunately that's not the case. The only places where it's good signal is near the major areas like Union Square or Times Square. I have to revert to CDMA to get a consistent SIGNAL not even just data.

Look at the data coverage map:

http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=LeftNav:Search:PopLinks3#!/

I've posted complaints about this phone since I got it in April and I haven't seen any movement on it

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

This past weekend I went to Memphis and it was the same. Coverage was terrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A while back I was working on a meshed cellular network (Android handsets) and found that the differences in hub vendors (like tower equipment) was a major issue.  Micro code (firmware) differences between Motorola, Siemens and Alcatel  were minor and they all met spec but the differences when put in play (real world) did not work.

I'm guessing that there is a vendor issue here and Sprint is working on it but it may be that the equipment will need to replaced and some vendors are not going to lay all their code out on the table for dissection.  These issue are very thorny from a legal and equipment issue but correction by Sprint should be expedited at all costs methinks. 

I may be wrong but I don't think it's a handset issue.  I have no issues at home but when near to where my wife works I'm on another tower (I can see it) I have lack of data connectivity issues.

My two bits on this issue.

-Rod

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that was one of the ideas as well for the M9 since. seemed to coincidental that all the new devices were having issues in areas that the older spark devices werent.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat