cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 unable to download update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 unable to download update

I know there is an update available for the device but whenever I try to download it it tells me Unable to download update. Unable to update the software. A network or server error occurred. Try again later.

It does this on multiple wifi networks as well as LTE

17 REPLIES 17
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Galaxy S6 unable to download update

DEFAULTDoTXBE, My device team contact would really like more information as you're not the first customer to report this as a problem but we need to see the actual error.  If possible, can you post a screenshot of the error message from your phone into this thread?

Thanks!

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Here is a link to a screenshot of the error. Thanks

http://xbehome.com/uploads/error.png

http://xbehome.com/uploads/error.png

Journeyman

I am experiencing this same issue.

Journeyman

Same exact here . Last updated on 5 10 it says and wont update due to network error

Journeyman

Same problem. Last auto update checked 5/8 and get this same response when I try to manually update.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. My device hasn't been able to check for an update since 5/9/15.

Journeyman

This is happening to me too. It shows the last update check was 5/9/15. There is actually a black bubble that pops up to say "server connection failed" in white letters. That's in addition to the Unable to Download error already posted.

I called Sprint, they referred me the store, the store referred me to a Samsung rep at Best Buy, the samsung rep did a diagnostic on my phone and referred me back to Sprint saying it's their server.

It's still broken. lol

Journeyman

I am having the same issue last update 5/9/2015!my wife has the gold version and updates with no issue. Also I remember sprint having problems doing the initial device activation when I first recived the phone. Dont know if the issues are connected.

Journeyman

Update.

My update still doesn't work as previously described, but I was able to find a workaround. I updated my software through Samsung Smart Switch for Windows at the following link:

http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/smartswitch/

It was pretty painless, but a computer is required for this method. So far no call drops, that's awesome, the software update bug still remains though. 20124.

Journeyman

It's funny, but when I called Sprint with this issue, I was told they had not heard of this problem happening with anyone else.  They even checked with their 2nd level support team.  They said until more people had the issue they had to assume the problem was with the phone.  Even a hard reset did not correct it.

MY SOLUTION:  If you visit a nearby Best Buy store that has a Samsung Experience rep - they will be able to download the latest update from their laptop to your phone.  It took about 10 minutes to complete.  The Samsung rep was hoping that once the new update was installed the "network/server" error would be corrected - but I still get the same error. 

Samsung theorizes the problem is in the way my phone or account communicates with the Sprint servers.  So Samsung says it's a Sprint problem, Sprint says it's a Samsung problem - and I'm stuck in the middle with a $895 phone that doesn't work exactly the way it should.

Oh well.  Hopefully this helps you get the updated software at least.  And maybe the update will be enough to correct your updating problem.

Journeyman

I had the same problem. Last update check at 5/10

I called support and they told me to go to Sprint repair center. Sprint repair center said that they would look at it as a courtesy, but since I did not get the Sprint Insurance, the problem would be covered by manufacturer warranty (Samsung)!

At the Sprint repair center, they confirmed the issue and tried an update profile. This did not fix the problem.

They suggested Factory Reset. They offered to do this, but I took it home, as I wanted to make sure that my data was backed up.

I backed up data and did Factory Reset. It solved the problem for me.

I am disappointed with Sprint support on this problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat