Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s6 voicemail

Go to solution
Journeyman

Galaxy s6 voicemail

Why does my new s6 keep telling me I have 3 voicemail when I don't, and have premium voice to text? I have tried everything to get the notification dismissed and it still there? It started after a software update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

This was listed as a known issue and has been fixed in the release that went out today.  Please update your SW and this issue should go away after a reboot.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

I am desperate to find a solution as well.  Have spent weeks talking to sprint care online and via twitter. Every attempt to fix fails. They clear and reset my VM from their end. It comes back. I have factory reset phone TWICE. It comes back.  Clear cache.  It comes back.  the ONLY way to clear is to refresh your user profile. It goes away for few mins...then IT COMES BACK.  All tech support people keep telling me there is no issue and that I need to go to a sprint store.  It's not the hardware...it's the 5.1.1 (and subsequent) updates.  No other carrier is experiencing this issue other than Sprint and there are various discussions throughout this site showing we are not the only people who get the phantom VM.  I am at my wits end. I am going to Sprint store in an hour and they will do something to "fix" it and then I will show them it comes right back.  If they offer me a refurb replacement I will lose my mind.  This is crazy unacceptable if you are reading this Sprint.

Journeyman

Yikes, then coming from you, I guess I should not expect any real solution. Please post if you eventually do get this fixed. With the amount of revenue they get from me on a monthly basis, you would like to think they would have the proper resources to fix this easily and quickly. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease,

Journeyman

Store tech said he has never heard of this problem. He deleted vm app gave phone back said fixed. I laughed because the notification returned as he handed me phone. He said nothing sprint can do and only samsung can fix. I asked if he can contact samsung and he said no. He told me its not a big deal and I should learn to live with it and then showed me the door.

Journeyman

Try disabling avatars and then deleting the messages. I hope this helps

Journeyman

It will not work.

Journeyman

They did that in the store and that did not work.  There is absolutely no fix for this.  I tried contacting Samsung and the person who attempted to take the report just could not understand my problem and there was no way I could speak with someone who could understand.  This is beyond crazy.   

I spoke with a tech guy at Samsung. He explained that he has heard of this problem but does not know how to fix it.  This is an issue between Google and Sprint.  Samsung is not responsible for the software between google and the VVM app.  He tried to help me but explained that he really can't help.

Now I have exhausted all options.

Journeyman

My GS6 always shows 6 new VMs. I go to settings-applications-application manager-all and delete the phone data and VM notification goes away. As soon as I get I get a VM it says 6 new VMs again. Can't find a permanent solution, help!

Journeyman

If reports from Sprint Care people are to be believed...they are working on the solution.  When I raised this issue the day after 5.1.1 was released nobody would acknowledge a problem but now they are at least acknowledging and claim to be working on it.  I imagine the fix is complicated by the fact that not everyone is having this issue so they have to figure out a way to fix those of us cursed without impacting the VVM of those who were not cursed.  Either way there is nothing to do but wait now Chris.  I am working with a sprint care person via twitter and she gave me a real ticket # for escalation but told me it will take a while til we hear back.  Will keep people posted if I ever hear back.

Message was edited by: WEINESQ68

GOOD NEWS.  Sprint quietly updated my phone and rebooted a couple times and notification is GONE - REALLY GONE. So your phone will hopefully update soon.

Journeyman

Did you just tweet at them? How do I get them to help me out?! Haha. This thing is annoying.

Journeyman

I too have 3 voicemails waiting for me.......... ugghhhhh... Let's hope someone comes up with something!

Journeyman

Just to give everyone an update on what worked for me. After the 5.1.1 update my phone started having this issue. I ran a factory reset on the phone an all of the issues that came about with the update corrected themselves. Make sure you have all of your photos, files and apps backed up to google or Samsung prior to running the reset but if this is annoying you as much as it was annoying me it is worth it.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat