Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Sprint Visual Voicemail Notifications after 5.1 update?

Go to solution
Journeyman

How to stop Sprint Visual Voicemail Notifications after 5.1 update?

First I use Google Voice and always have. I've tried the usual methods of clearing app data and cache.  Long time Android user but this one stumps me and only now after the upgrade to 5.1 has this been an issue. TIA!

-Rod

34 REPLIES 34
Journeyman

The method works as you said,(I went into apps and all apps and the 3rd phone icon  and cleared the cache and it cleared out the data icon and notification on screen.) until the phone was restarted. Thanks for the tip,

Sprint! needs to fix this issue!

Journeyman

Same issue, only on Sprint

Journeyman

Hey i just found out that sprint released a new update today. So please download this update and as of yet (so far 7 hours have passed) and the persistent voicemail and tracking has yet to return.

Journeyman

I downloaded the update this morning and the VM returned immediately.  The only way to clear it is to update profile and then it just comes back. IF SPRINT REP is reading this please acknowledge if we have an option to replace phone? I had to turn to Cyanmoged last time this happened on my S4 a few years ago, I can't believe I have to leave Sprint over something so stupid.

Journeyman

Same here the update did nothing to clear up the VM issue.  Still have to clear it out in the apps section 3rd phone icon.  The notification check mark in the 3 notification is checked. Possible is it could be unchecked this would help.  It is becoming a PAIN.  No one in the stores has a clue.  They think is can be cleared by a reset.  Sprint Please do something!

Journeyman

The update did nothing for my two phones.  I've tried all tricks that I know and the VM messages comes back. I just can't spend anymore time on this.

FYI, I went a full week without the VM notifications until the update and that broke it!

-Rod

Journeyman

Just came from sprint store was informed there is no way for them to fix the phantom vm problem. They deleted my vm app and reinstalled and it came back. The tech said I just have to deal with it until enough people complain and samsung fixes the issue. Told me its something I could learn to live with and sprint cant be responsible to help me figure out a way to let Samsung know there is a problem.

Journeyman

That's funny. It's only happening to s6 and s5 phones on the Sprint network. Samsung will not do anything about this. I recommend anyone with this problem floods Sprint tech support with daily phone calls to complain until they fix it. Sprint needs to get their engineers involved to fix it. I can't live with this. In my line of work it's vital to know if I really have a voicemail message waiting and it wastes time checking frequently since the notification isn't accurate. This is costing my business and I'm sure that of many others.

Journeyman

It's a shame there is so much bloatware in these phones we pay good money for.  I rooted my last HTC phone to get rid of the garbage.  I'm thinking my Samsung Grand Prime has a date with the "root doctor" soon if this kind of nonsense is not fixed.  Darn near every factory Google app is some sort of spyware too.  I used to like the Android app but maybe Windows is in my future.  So sad these companies do this to good people.

Journeyman

This is why Apple sells so many phones. Encryption!

Wizard

Well first yes Apple sells a lot of phones but Android still has more and has majority of the market. You can do Encryption as well so that has nothing to do with anything  But the reality is that Samsung is still the largest hardware vendor on the planet they are so big that they even have their own display market. Due to they make the best displays which produces some of the best PQ on a device but reliable as well. They are so good that they can make money off their competitors like Apple when Apple is all ready looking to Samsung to get their displays for the Iphone 7. Apple is ok but you will always be limited on what you can do on their products like it's always been.  As far as Bloatware that is more of a carrier thing with all of them yes they should limit what they put on a device but I agree they should ship them with nothing on them but the OS. 

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat