cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Galaxy Forever program

Highlighted
Wizard

New Galaxy Forever program

Hmm this is something that I might be interested in..

Galaxy S7 and S7 edge pre-orders start Feb. 23, in-store sales commence Mar. 11 | Android Central

Sprint will offer the new Galaxy S7 and S7 edge for pre-order Feb. 23. In select stores for trial Feb. 26. Purchase in-store Mar. 11. The company will also unlock its new Galaxy Forever program, allowing customers to lease either smartphone with the possibility to upgrade to a new Galaxy handset after 12 months on the lease.

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Galaxy Forever program

any idea if existing customers can take advantage of this without getting hit?

Highlighted
Wizard

what do you mean by taking a hit?

As per the official announcement page, it states

for a limited time, new and existing Sprint customers can lease or buy one Galaxy S7 or S7 edge and get a second one for half the price.

So it looks like existing customers can do this as well.

See official Announcment page

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

So here is my question. I have two lines with Galaxy S5s that still have $189 left to pay on each.  For new customers, they would pay that outstanding amount to get them to switch.

However, it would seem that as an existing customer, I would need to pay those off to convert to the Galaxy Forever program with no perks?

Seems like I would be better off going to Verizon and let them pay off my old phones.

Decisions, decisions...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

and once youre a long term customer of Verizons you'll need to the same exact thing to get what the new customers are getting..the vicious cycle of cell phone life.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

So if i try and upgrade online right now it says they want a $300-$350 down payment. Is that the case even if i switch to the "galaxy forever" plan?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, that is truth.  I have been with Sprint for like 15 years and I don't love the idea of switching.  But, I also don't like waiting all the way until September to get the S7.

It is a shame these companies don't do more for their long term customers.  Now THAT would be innovative!

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah, im stuck until november. The thing that worries me is that i dont know if they will run the galaxy forever that long. who knows with sprint anymore.

Highlighted
Wizard

I think it will be here for good just like they do with the Iphone Forever Program that's my guess so even if you can't upgrade until this fall you should be fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

awesome, thank you shipwreck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Plus, at that point the S7 will already be well over a half year old and well on the way to S8.  That has been my problem.  I am stuck in the S5 for 6 more months!  Ugh!

Highlighted
Journeyman

yep, thats the other worry. On a brighter note any issues with the phone should be worked out by then

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat