cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Galaxy Forever program

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: New Galaxy Forever program

Yeah sometimes it's a timing issue for sure so if your happy with the S6 like I'am then if it's close to next march then folks might wait on the S8. I can upgrade in May so I probably will then it will be next May of 2017 before I can get on the S8. My guess is they are doing this due to the Galaxy is just as popular device as the Iphone if not more popular heck Samsung is like one of the largest manufactures out there if not the biggest. Heck their screens are so good that they even sell those heck I read some where that even Apple might be buying them for the Iphone 7. That alone tells you how big Samsung is when they can make money off their competitors.

Iphone 7 to feature flexible OLED display made by Samsung...

[3rd party link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 
http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

unfortunately i have the Lg G3 (tried to break from samsung, didnt work) and i dont know if i can wait. the phone keeps giving me problems

Highlighted
Wizard

Man that stinks hate to hear that maybe you could get on a S6 it's still a great device..

Highlighted
GrandMaster

made by Samsung? remember back a few years ago when apple sued Samsung? lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah Apple is just jealous and they realize that not everyone drinks the AppleJuice..

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, was chatting with a rep earlier as sure enough, the only way for an existing customer to get in on this is to pay off the full price of their existing phone and then join the program at full price (since there is no other rate plan to cut in half).  Basically, no incentives at all.

Bummer because I need two phones and that deal for the second is sweet!  But, nearly $400 to get into it is a bit of a false economy.

Fire-guy summed it up, it is a vicious cycle indeed! 

Seems like the best way to benefit is jump carriers every couple years or so (especially with these buy-out incentives).

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah that's part of the reason the last time I did a upgrade I went with the lease option instead of paying out so much money up front for devices that will not be near what you pay for them in 2yrs. Mobile devices are like many tech gadgets they never hold their value just the way it works.

Highlighted
Wizard

^ This is true.

Its funny, I had paid off the lease installments about 3 months ago (5 months ahead of schedule) on both 2 of my 4 lines. So I guess its time to get into another lease. Was hoping for a Note 6 but I have that itch and can't wait. So I just leased 2 S7 Edges this afternoon.

I swear I have a sickness for new phones.

TS

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah well if you went with the S7 Edge it has a bigger screen than the S7 so you probably did ok if your a note person. The S7 only has a 5.1 where the S7 Edge is at 5.5 so if someone that wants the bigger screen between the two the S7 Edge is the way to go..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought a Galaxy S6 a year ago on a two year contract. Can I switch to the Galaxy S7 now on the Galaxy forever plan? I can't get Sprint chat to work. I would love to hear from a Sprint rep on this.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

start a thread up in this forum and an agent will assist you with this

Customer Service

agents rarely if ever pop into the dedicated device forums.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

the reps will most likely tell you yes, but they will want you to pay some crazy fee to get out of your current contract, and good luck getting them to waive any of that, sprint is so far down the crap hole right now they are hurting for money

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat