cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.  I am only receiving 1 bar throughout Cincinnati area.  Dropped calls, missed calls, calls sent to voicemail have been quite common over the past few days.  Here are two zip codes and addresses where signal used to be rather good and now... nothing.

45227  cross streets: Desmond Street and Kenwood Avenue

45238  cross streets: Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue

Colleagues and friends of mine who also purchased the Samsung Galaxy S6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am experiencing.

Message Title was edited by: SeaWolf
Just edited the title, since we're reporting on and monitoring this one for updates.

Tags (2)
226 REPLIES 226

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

deejal,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I have checked both locations you provided and there is a ticket that has just been closed in the area. This outage caused customers to be unable to access data or experience slow data speeds when attempting to use 4G LTE. Have you been able to update your device successfully?

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Thank You, Sprint Crystal.  Do I need to perform a PRL update?  The two addresses that I listed were two specific points in the city that yielded poor reception.  However, the entire area of Cincinnati was yielding poor results except along a major interstate corridor. 

Before I report yay or nay, I want to make sure that I update my phone accordingly if necessary.  Thanks!

deeljal,

I would suggest updating the data profile. Let me know if you are seeing any improvement or not.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care

Hi guys! I'm noticing a trend with the reports and posts about the Galaxy S6.

• Dropped Calls
  • Missed Calls
  • Calls going straight to Voicemail
  • Poor Reception
  • No Reception

We've reached out to our device experts to make sure they are aware of these reports. They are working closely with Samsung to determine the cause of the issues and find a resolution. Please do not send Private Messages to Social Care agents requesting updates, as soon as we have any new information from the teams working on this we will post the updates in the Galaxy S6 Edge forum located at http://sprint.co/1IDKUVK and the Galaxy S6 forum located at http://sprint.co/1OwNBff. We appreciate your patience and cooperation while this is being investigated.

Thank you,

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hello Lorrie,

I live in central Massachusetts and I am having the same issue. I drive highway Mass Pike (I-90) every day. Upgraded from S4 to S6 and dropped calls are now very prevalent, never dropped a call on the S4 on this highway. Driving from zip code 01501 to 01701 about 27 miles, straight shot east-west. It does seem to happen when switching from tower to tower. Since I got the S6 I have never seen more than 1 bar signal strength, on the S4 I'd have a least 3 bars at all times. I have 1 bar on the S6 at home and I can see the tower from my kitchen window less than a mile away. So far this has been a huge disappointment. I am planning on returning the phone tonight because of it, already called for an appointment to do so..

For informational purposes: I tried switching the S6 from "Automatic" network selection to "CDMA" and now have 4 bars showing. I'll try some phone calls on my way home tonight to see if this corrects the dropped call problem. I do not want to deal with the inconvenience of manual switching from now on......this stinks!

Do you know what the status of tower upgrades or a software fix is in the area I mentioned?

Thank you

Journeyman

I Updated both the PRL and data profile. After the update, there has been no improvement in reception. Phone does not ring when I call it from home and goes to voice mail.  no reception.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having similar issues, heavily considering swapping it out for a different device.  As far as I know I'm not having problems with text or calls, my problems seems to be with data and signal strength.  Sitting at my desk in my office my Moto X would get 3-4 bars of LTE and pull between 5-8mbps download speeds, my S6 in the same exact scenario wont even pick up LTE and only gets 2-3 bars 3G with speeds often below 1mbps download speeds.  I also run into the issue of the data connection stalling and not picking up a signal at all.  Unfortunately I don't have a way to test and see if its isolated to my phone or if its a Sprint network issue but when I called Sprint about the problem they said there were no Tower tickets, they did a few things to troubleshoot and nothing worked.  I even performed a factory reset, updated PRL and Profile several times and nothing improves it.  I'm going to give it a few more days and see if I can find someone with another Sprint phone to do a side-by-side comparison, but I cant sit around and wait for Sprint to "troubleshoot" this and let my 14-day exchange window lapse and be stuck with sub par device.

Zip 80021, cross streets are Interlocken Blvd and Interlocken Pkwy

Journeyman

Seeing similar signal issues in Las Vegas since switching to the Samsung Galaxy S6. I have yet to get five bars of signal, and frequently drop calls while driving on the freeway—specifically, 215 eastbound from Jones out to Henderson.

It's extremely frustrating. I'm a Sprint customer of about a decade and plan to switch to a carrier with more reliable service.

Journeyman

Picked up my S6 two days ago, and almost every call I have made has dropped since then. This was not the case with my previous phone (HTC Evo 4G LTE). Additionally, as others have reported, my phone shows only one bar 90% of the time. I have just switched over to CDMA only to see if that improves the dropped calls.

Journeyman

I am having similar issues.  I haven't noticed dropped calls because I make very few calls.  However in the Ft Lauderdale area I have never been above one bar of signal strength and data speed is at a crawl when on LTE.  Certain apps are oddly much slower than others and barely load.  Google searches and websites seem to load a decent speed.   Side by side with my wife iPhone in the same location using same apps download speeds are fine.

I am primarily in the 33301 zip code.  I have tried PRL and profile updates.

Next step is returning the phone in the 14 day window because this one isn't functional at these speeds.

Journeyman A31
Journeyman

I live in Southern Cali (90250) & I activated my S6 on 4/9/15 and I've been having the same issue with dropped calls and no wi-fi or mobile data since day 1! The day I activated my phone I literally spent 5 hours in the Sprint corporate store and on the phone with Sprint representatives trying to resolve my issues. I've spoken to SEVERAL people at Sprint and did about 30 factory resets & updates on this raggedy phone and the result is the same and nothing is resolved. They weren't even willing to swap out my device. What are you guys doing to really solve this issue???? It's absurd that a brand new $700 phone isn't worth more than the cardboard box that it came in. It's even more retarded that it's not operational in the coverage areas that Sprint supposedly covers. How is this fair to your customers????

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat