cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.  I am only receiving 1 bar throughout Cincinnati area.  Dropped calls, missed calls, calls sent to voicemail have been quite common over the past few days.  Here are two zip codes and addresses where signal used to be rather good and now... nothing.

45227  cross streets: Desmond Street and Kenwood Avenue

45238  cross streets: Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue

Colleagues and friends of mine who also purchased the Samsung Galaxy S6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am experiencing.

Message Title was edited by: SeaWolf
Just edited the title, since we're reporting on and monitoring this one for updates.

226 REPLIES 226
Highlighted
Journeyman

So my phone is doing the same thing Galaxy S6 Edge. It is dropping calls, 3 times pert 10 min call its ridiculous!! ever since I've changed to CDMA its fine, but I didn't buy a 4G LTE capable phone to run on 3G SPEEDS!!!!!!

The problem is the HD Voice is cutting out when LTE signal cuts off and sprint is incapable of doing a handoff to CDMA so it cuts out the call.

Could someone at sprint please give me the code instructions to shut off HD Voice so I can use my phone until you put up the correct tower capabilities!!!!

I live in Massachusetts and commute from Salem, Ma to Framingham, MA every day

Highlighted
Journeyman

By way of update, I set my S6 to CDMA only yesterday afternoon, and that appears to have resolved the dropped calls issue. I am also seeing signal strength similar to what I typically had on my previous device, as opposed to having 1 bar 90%+ of the time. That being said, I should be able to hold a call while on 4G LTE. If this is not resolved by early next week, I will be forced to return my phone as I can't take a chance on this being an unfixable issue whereby I am stuck with a $700 3G device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

abcghy, I already factory reset my phone and placed it in the box as I have to return mine now.  Sad day.  For giggles, I checked the free LG tablet that I received for switching back to Sprint and the signal is exactly the same on the tablet.  I just do not understand how a phone can be released without extensive testing. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's difficult not to pull the trigger on a new device, but at the corporate level, where actions/decisions can have widespread impacts, discipline is critical. It appears that Sprint didn't put this device through its paces prior to release. Sadly, it looks like I also will have to return the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I reported this in another thread and have been PM'ing with Sprint folks here as well.  When I switch over the CDMA i get full bars and 3g speeds that I am used to seeing.  Swap back to LTE and unless I am setting under a tower I get poor reception and slow speeds with unable to connect warnings from various apps that rely on the connection. 

I have till next Thursday I guess to see where this goes.  Hope something is figured out as it is a great phone other than this issue.  I also am amazed that this was not found during testing with Sprints network, kind of makes you wonder what level of testing was done if any.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Sprint_Lorrie,

Like some of the other posts, I live in Massachusetts and switched from a S4 to the S6. My LTE reception has significantly decreased and I've had a spike in dropped calls commuting from ZIP 01460 to 02138. I have updated the software, PRL, and data profiles with no success.

Any updates on the status of a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My husband and I also replaced our S4s with the S6 on Monday.  We both have horrible reception now with the S6. He has traveled from here (MA) to NJ and also to NH and has poor reception in almost all locations, including along major highways such as I95.

Our ZIP - 01930

Cross streets Prospect Ave. and Chestnut St.

Love the phone for everything else except being a phone.  We will also have to return them if there isn't a solution to this.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Folks. as Lorrie mentioned, this issue is under investigation but the more information we can gather the better.  I see multiple users affected in this thread but need to be clear: are you all Edge users or do we have a combination of S6 and S6 Edge users?  Simply posting with your phone type will help clear that up so we can report it back to Samsung and Sprint's device investigation teams.

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Galaxy S6 Q&A and giveaway: Join us here 4/21 from 2pm-3:30pm CDT
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Christy and Lorrie

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32gb

As I mentioned. This is a problem. Why I respect your advice to trade in the phone before the 14 days were up, I disagree. I left AT&T to come back to sprint specifically for THIS PHONE not another one.

A extension should at least be given on the 14 days.

As well as Have someone from Tech Support let us know how to disable HD Voice.

Thanks,

Michael

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6, not Edge for our two phones.  Previous phone was the S4 with no problems.

Also should mention that I just changed mine to CDMA and now have 4 bars rather than 0-1 here at home.  Also finally could send out a text.

I agree with Michael that there should be an extension to the 14 days to turn the phones in.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6, not edge.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Christy,

I am on a Standard Galaxy S6 32 GB.   Previous S4 no issues in area, and wifes IPhone6 is running at full speed on LTE when next to my S6.

As a side note I tried switching to CDMA only which results in stronger signal strength.  And while still slow 3G speeds.  3G is downloading faster than when connected to LTE. 

Agree with others on returning the phone for a refund if this isn't resolved. We paid for and upgraded to a new phone only to be brought back 4 years in data speed.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat