cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I'm using the regular-flat screen S6 32gb - White.  My primary issues are weak LTE signal strength, I haven't run into the dropped calls yet but I also haven't made many calls with it.  I can pick up a decent LTE signal in most places but it’s a few bars short of what my Moto X was and when I'm indoors I can’t get it at all, whereas my Moto X received full bars LTE indoors just the same as it did outdoors.  And with the unusable slow speeds of 3G it makes my phone useless if I’m not on wifi. 

I'm actually really disappointed in Sprint, I was so happy with my Moto X and the service I was receiving that I assumed upgrading to a newer device with Spark would actually mean better service, faster speeds, and overall better experience but it doesn't seem that way.  I almost feel stupid, I basically went through this with my HTC EVO 4G LTE.  The promise of updates and fixes to the problems only to never see a solution.  It’s unacceptable to have a phone in 2015 that gets worse LTE than a phone from 2013.  The worst part about this is that it’s going to take Sprint weeks/months to "fix" this issue, while the users only has 2 weeks to determine if they want to keep the phone that doesn't work like it’s supposed to and wait for Sprints “promised” solutions or return it.

Journeyman A31
Journeyman

Christy,

I have a S6 not an edge.

Journeyman

Christy:

I have an S6 (non-Edge) 32 GB model.

Chris

Journeyman

Im at zip 55044 and upgraded from s4 to non edge s6 64g and experiencing same lte issues. 1 bar, slow to no response in various applications. Everything appears to work while switched to cdma or wifi. Been to 2 sprint stores with np resolution. Only 2 days left before I'll be forced to return. Advising none of my family or friends to upgrade..

Journeyman

Standard S6 64Gb Black version having the same issue in zip code 33314. Limited signal and little to know data flow to applications.

Journeyman

I'm having problems with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32gb here in Eau Claire, WI.  It seems as I travel around town that the device has difficulty switching between towers smoothly and I lose data connection in my apps for a few minutes constantly.  It is a pain.  I just got back from Best Buy where I wanted to use my 14 day return policy but they noticed that there is a crack in the back glass that I don't even know how it got there (must have been in my pocket as I leaned on something maybe?) but they denied me an exchange for a different phone (I wanted to try the non s6 version to see if it would help my problems, but I see that it's a problem with both devices now.)  All I can tell is that it should fall under sprint's 100% satisfaction 14-day guarantee and that I am not satisfied with the radios or the durability.

Journeyman

Posted a similar issue : https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/204551 on a thread that got closed and directed here.

Got 2 64gig S6 (not edge). Horrible service. Constant dropped calls. People calling me and going straight to voicemail.

It def. sounds like it's an issue with Sprint in particular with these phones as other people I know with the same phone on other carriers don't seem to have this issue. I previously had an S4. Never had spectacular service, but was considerably better than now and not nearly the amount of dropped calls.

This needs to be resolved asap.

Journeyman

In the same boat. Just switched to sprint this evening. Got home and one bar reception and abysmal, if any data speeds. Kind of glad it's not just me, but disappointing for first night of service. I had to turn in over one my old devicesand was told icould not get it back. ..hoping i did not make a mistake and hoping Sprint can make it right.

1914 E 12th St. Des Moines, Iowa

Journeyman

I switch from the edge to, a s6 because the curve hurt my eyes, now I have bad call reception, crap signal and the battery drains faster. Seems to be mainly with s6. Phone is have software problems to think i will return the phone.

Journeyman

Now they claim a ticket was being worked in your area, in the midwest they claimed samething, so that tells me something smells fishy.

Community Manager

This discussion was locked by mistake has now now been unlocked.  SprintCare employees will most likely not post here or in other threads on this topic until such time as there is new information to provide.  We appreciate your patience as Samsung and Sprint investigate the issue.

SeaWolf

Community Admin

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I posted in a another thread that's now closed, but it looks like this one is seeing the most activity.

Our two S6s are flat screen, not edge.

Haven't tried switching to CDMA, and don't really want to. Guess we'll have to look at taking back our phones, too. Unless it gets resolved quickly. Wasn't really in the market for two $800 paper-weights. But at this point, not being able to make or receive calls... yeah.

Really sad, as we were both very excited to finally upgrade from our old EVOs.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat