cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.  I am only receiving 1 bar throughout Cincinnati area.  Dropped calls, missed calls, calls sent to voicemail have been quite common over the past few days.  Here are two zip codes and addresses where signal used to be rather good and now... nothing.

45227  cross streets: Desmond Street and Kenwood Avenue

45238  cross streets: Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue

Colleagues and friends of mine who also purchased the Samsung Galaxy S6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am experiencing.

Message Title was edited by: SeaWolf
Just edited the title, since we're reporting on and monitoring this one for updates.

226 REPLIES 226
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just curious if people don't mind what plan(s) they are on.. Can't imagine it would have an effect but never know.

I have the Spring SERO 500 plan.

Journeyman

Im on the 1500 family plan. Still no change

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in Houston, and experiencing the same thing.  I'm missing calls at my desk.  Phone does not ring, and suddenly a voice mail pops up.

Also, when I travel to and from work, a large stretch of the highway has ZERO signal.  (Beltway 8 between I-10 and hwy 59)

I love the phone otherwise, but something needs to give.  My phone is my business lifeline.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same problems here

s6 non edge, constant failed texts, dropped calls, lack of network communication

Greensboro nc

get the act right out sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I live and work south of Houston (77546, 77058).  We both upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB and are having issues with dropped calls.  After reading this forum I switched my phone to CDMA only and my signal bars jump from 1 all the way to full.

We both came from Galaxy S3 phones and were excited about the upgrade, but now we feel like we've gone backwards with bad connections and "Sprint Spark" not allowing voice and data at the same time.  I never had issues with signal strength with my old Galaxy S3 4G. 

This is pretty frustrating!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here in Los Angeles. S6 signal is terrible - resulting in a phone that is IMPOSSIBLE to use while driving. The phone CLEARLY cannot hand off between towers while moving. I even returned my original device hoping that it was a bad unit. The replacement is no better.

Sprint - any updates on this? When will this be resolve?

Thanks--

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a 32GB Samsung GalaxyS6 (not Edge). It's a lovely phone, except as others have reported, I'm having problems with data and signal strength using the phone in my office at Moffett Field, CA. and other Bay Area locations. I can make phone calls and send and receive texts, But unfortunately, even with wi-fi on, I don't have data connectivity to apps such as email, Twitter, Facebook, Play Store, etc. I didn't have this problem with my S3. Also switching from automatic to either LTE/CDMA or just CDMA doesn't help. This is very disappointing and I hope Sprint will take action to satisfactorily resolve this for everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I upgraded from the Galaxy S4 to the S6 Edge and have experienced the same issues in MN.  I have little to no reception on the LTE network.  I have spoken to both Sprint and Samsung representatives, neither of which contended that this was a known issue.  Samsung denies the issue entirely. I have done troubleshooting with reps from both companies and have been unable to rectify the situation.

I would hate to return the phone or switch companies for an issue such as this.  Is there any fix in the works, as it is clear this is a very prevalent issue among S6 Edge users?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also recently upgraded my phone from a Galaxy S4 to the new Galaxy S6 and so far I'm extremely unhappy with all forms of wireless reception. With this "newer" and "better" S6 I'm now getting:

-Horrible phone reception (1 bar pretty much everywhere I go when I use to get 4 bars with my S4).

-Dropped calls CONSTANTLY! That never happened with my S4.

-Calls never received (that go straight to voicemail).

-Even my wifi connection is different (poor reception and much slower when farther away from my access point). And this S6 won't even connect to my wifi repeater - that's new. Every other device I own doesn't have a problem.

MY QUESTION: How do I fix it? My nearest cross streets are 25th Street and Western Avenue in zip code 90732.

I have friends with the S6 on other carriers (Verizon and AT&T) and they aren't having these issues. I have a few days left to return my phone and jump ship to another carrier. Do I need to make that move to get proper cell phone reception or is Sprint going to fix this problem?

Note: I would like an answer from an official sprint rep. If sprint fails to fix the issue, then I want a new phone (regardless of the amount of time that's passed by or contracts/warranties that exist or don't exist).

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted
Journeyman

I upgraded two lines from S2 to S6 and a S4 to S6. Both S6 phones are horrible! I constantly drop calls. Sprint has submitted for approval to get me a $20 credit on my bill. Where I had full bars and great 4G LTE service, I have 1 bar and low Spark LTE service. I've resorted to CDMA (3G) per the Sprint tech's advise. This is garbage! Samsung has tried offering assistance with no luck. I went into the Sprint store again last night. The tech told me that it's the Spark network. He said it's how it's going to be for all S6 users and anyone on the spark network. His only suggestion was to return both my S6 phones and go back to a non-Spark phones. Really? That's the answer? I have a total of 5 lines on my account and three of them are done with contracts. I'm considering returning these two phones and switching carriers altogether. I need answers that are realistic from someone who knows what they are talking about. If not, bye Sprint...

**I've tried factory resets, network resets, troubleshooting from Samsung and Sprint**

-Michael (10 Year customer)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgraded my Galaxy S3 to the S6 Edge last week after preordering it online through Sprint.com. I live in Southern California in the Inland Empire area of Chino and work in Corona. Poor reception in my home even with an Air Rave Wireless In Home Signal Booster. My S3 would get full bars and work fine in our home. Two days after upgrading, no one could hear me (nor I them) on calls through the handset. Calls could only be made on speaker. I spoke to Sprint and they said to return it to a repair center. Spent two hours in a repair center where a tech looked at it for 2 minutes, tried to make a call, and said " Yup, doesn't work".

They then proceeded to tell me they could not exchange my 2 day old phone due to my plan ( Unlimited Talk, Text,Data Family Plan) and I would have to call Sprint to get an exchange. Called Sprint and they shipped me a new phone, but I had to go to a UPS Customer Center by the Ontario Airport to pick it up, and I had to hand them a box with an emailed return label attached with the defective phone (factory reset).  The rep was very specific, that UPS could not give me the replacement phone package without me handing in the old phone. Luckily, I had my S3 to use the Smart Switch app to transfer it all to the new phone. New phone works fine, but still no reception on LTE. Now on CDMA and that seems to be a little better. Hoping they get release a software update soon with a fix to this obvious nationwide issue with reception.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also experiencing the same issue but only with 4G LTE. I upgraded from the samsung galaxy s5 to the samsung galaxy s6 edge and now it seems my 4G is not working properly i can have my galaxy s5 and s6 edge right next to eachother the s5 works fine but not the s6 edge. It shows that i do have LTE data but does not seem to load anything. I have tried everything i have updated the PRL and did a Profile update and nothing seems to work but on 3G everything seems to work fine. I have even tried turning off sprints connections optimizer and even tried ##72786# and nothing worked. So i called sprint and they couldnt do anything for me and told me that my area isnt experiencing any tower issues. The 2 zip codes were i know i have this problem so far is 34275 and 34229. Thanks for reading

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat