cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

May help a few people

[Inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: Community Admi SeaWolf

All messages must abide by Community guidelines, including links to other websites. http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Journeyman

I returned my S6 today. My 14 day grace period was about over, and the last thing I need is a $700 device that only works in CDMA mode. To rub salt in the wound, Sprint's corporate store indicated that they had to charge me the restocking fee, as only Customer Care could authorize it's waiver.

Sadly, after 15 years as a loyal customer, I have now decided to take my business elsewhere. It was one thing that Sprint/HTC could not find a way to update my previous flagship phone (HTC EVO 4G LTE) to newer Android versions, but it's entirely another when the newest flagship doesn't work and I'm charged a restocking fee to return a phone through no fault of my own.

Journeyman

S6, Non-edge, 32 GB

I'm in Vancouver ,WA and am having the same issues as everyone else seems to be.  The 4G/LTE with apps like Facebook, take forever to load.  Surfing using "ok google" seems to work fine and clicking on pages that were brought in the search seem to work fine as well. Text messages come really late.  Only when I'm connected to wifi does everything seem to work "properly".  I traded in an S5 to upgrade to this.  I haven't contacted tech support yet as I have been reading these threads about the problems, and don't think that they would have an answer/solution.  I'm only 2 days into this, I'm hoping something will come about soon.    I'm not looking forward to having to return this phone.  I had to trade my old phone in, if I did have to return this one, I sure hope they would replace my last one at no extra charge.

Journeyman

I had to return my S6Edge. It didn't work at home, work, or the way to work. The sales rep said it was because Sprint was working on their towers; all of them across the country. So I asked how it could happen from the time I traded in my Note 3 and took the edge home. Then it was just the new towers they were working on. And they tried to change the settings  but realized I already did it. THEN IT WAS THE FIRST TIME THEY HEARD ABOUT THE S6 EDGE NOT WORKING PROPERLY!!!! WTF!?!?!? so I returned it and looking for a different carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm planning to return my S6 today and go back to my Moto X, this is unacceptable.  If the problems are related to Sprints Spark LTE then why cant the phone connect to the regular LTE that my non-spark Moto X had no problem connecting to?  I went through this with my HTC Evo 4G LTE for 2 years, I'm not doing it again.

I am also getting the error message "Mobile data connection error", "Unable to establish a wireless data connection LTE:ESM-x EMM-11"

Sprint - I really want to stay with you but these hiccups are not ok.  A month or so ago you screwed up everyones upgrade dates and wouldn't fix it without hours of phone calls and messages with customer service reps. Now the S6 has crippling connections problems and your doing nothing. 

Journeyman

Just returned my S6 and am back on my Moto X.  Right there at the Best Buy counter my S6 was only getting 1 bar of LTE, the second my Moto X was reactivated it had full bars of LTE.  Issues are 100% with the phone.

Journeyman

Same problems here with my S6 (non edge). I commute almost 200 miles a day between NJ and NY and I experience dropped calls like crazy, calls going to voicemail and network connection lost messages when streaming video!!! I called sprint and they were clueless (had me update my prl and profile etc bla bla bla) which did nothing to help. I went to a sprint store that has a tech/repair dept and they were no help as well, an new phone provides the same results. I have 4 days to return this phone that I really wish I could keep, it's pretty, works well in all other departments, but not being able to maintain a call is a clear deal breaker for a "phone". Frustrated...

Journeyman

I had the SERO as well and didn't want to leave because of it, but I just couldn't have a phone that doesn't work given that I use it all the time.

Also, it appears that it's not the phone, but Sprint that's the issue. I now have the same phone on a different carrier and haven't had one dropped call yet.

Employees definitely act like they don't know about the issue. When I went to the store to return the phones, the guy there told me that he has no idea what I'm talking about and has the same phone but no issues.. Funny enough when 5 minutes later he needed to call customer service to deal with the return he pulled out the Samsung Note out of his pocket.

Journeyman

S6 edge in downtowm baltimore. Went from getting 5 bars reguarally while walking the streets with Note 3 to never getting above 1 bar. I would love for sprint to acknowledge the issues and offer something for our troubles...this is a really expensive paperweight given how bad cdma data is on sprint.

Journeyman

Hi,

I was looking into reviews prior to upgrading to the S6 and stumbled across this forum.

I've had my S4 for two years and I'm experiencing the same issues mentioned here fow the last 2-3 weeks. It may not just be a S6 issue , but a Samsung and/ or Sprint issue.

Journeyman

Hi,

I was looking into reviews prior to upgrading to the S6 and stumbled across this forum.

I've had my S4 for two years and I'm experiencing the same issues mentioned here for the last 2-3 weeks. It may not just be a S6 issue , but a Samsung and/ or Sprint issue.

Journeyman

When I cakes tech support they indicated that there was no ticket for either one of these areas. what is the ticket number so I can call back with the information?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat