cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I agree.. I've update the PRL plenty of times. You have to assume that most of these people have gone through a lot of lengths to get their cell phone working already.

Sprint.. any updates please? The field engineers that tested the reception couldn't have possibly signed off on this and if they did they made a choice to roll out the device with spotty coverage - I'm not upset about all of that because missing the deadline for the phone would be a huge disaster for the business.

What I'm upset about is that Sprint doesn't need to acknowledge that they knew about this problem, we KNOW they knew about this problem even if they don't want to put it in print and be legally bound by it. They still rolled out the device and didn't warn anyone about the spotty coverage or say that they were planning on getting it fixed by a certain timeline. It's just really a serious case of SHAKE MY HEAD. Comon guys, it's an embarrassment of 1. your engineering degrees 2. your communication employees.

Journeyman

The Sprint store/service center I went to today completely acknowledged the problem, but unfortunately had no idea how to rectify it. The rep told me to hold out if I could because a fix is in the works. I didnt want to chance it any longer so I made the final decision (today on day 14) to return the S6 for the Note 4. Although the whole experice sucked and cost me extra money (restocking & activations) I'm kinda glad to have this Note 4 over the S6, as this phone is pretty damn nice! :/

Journeyman

Famura71,  Please let me know if that phone works out for you.  I have read mixed reviews of the note4 showing the same problems... I hope not as that would kill my only option if my phone ends up not working out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

roland0921 in this thread Sprint acknowledges that there is an issue and they are working with Samsung to fix it, but that's about it.  They didn't specifically acknowledge what the issue was, what was causing it, or any time frame for a fix.  I honestly don't think Sprint has any idea what the problem is.  I've called tech support, visited repair centers, and chatted with several Sprint employees and they all said there was nothing wrong with the phone and that towers were most likely being upgraded and my service would only improve once the upgrades were finished.  That's the story they give every time there is an issue, I was given that same excuse for 18 months while I had the HTC Evo 4G LTE.  As soon as I switched phones to the Moto X things improved (of course I still had issues with Sprints coverage/network but usually things were resolved with some troubleshooting). I returned my S6 and am back on the Moto X, its a shame Sprint didn't take on the 2nd Gen Moto X and I'm guessing they wont take on the 3rd Gen either, maybe they don't want a phone to work correctly on their network?

Journeyman

Will do. I can tell you so far it has been amazing. No drops and soild connection.

Journeyman

It's just a sure sign someone up there doesn't want to take responsibility and be public with it all. Irresponsibility is such a pet peeve of mine. I bet you the store employees know about the problem because people kept complaining about it or seen the forums but the upper guys aren't giving them any responses. Definitely going to start escalating this [inappropriate word removed].

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

Posted on Facebook this morning about reception issues with my S6 and was told "the fix would come out in waves, stay tuned."

Journeyman

To All,

Get out of the contract ASAP, it will never be resolved.   It's exactly the same excuses.  I still have one line with sprint but for a tablet.  Phone service with sprint is horrible, now I'm with AT&T basically I gave the sprint phone to AT&T and I and I got one from AT&T and yet to have a single dropped call.

If you start calling customer care few times, then they will get upset, and start giving you the run around.

Journeyman

Return it.

Journeyman

As this is a known issue, acknowledged by Sprint, will I be compensated on my bill?  I am unable to make calls and I consistently receive error 34 (Network Failed to Respond) when sending texts. 

Journeyman

Hello again,

I am sad to say that the fix I thought worked, did NOT.  I will be returning my S6.

Journeyman

I can tell you this much. I will not be paying a restocking fee. This is an unacceptable issue that should have been resolved before the phone was ever released. I type this using wifi of course due to no signal!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat