cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Are you kidding me, they will call you before the bill due date to collect or "reminde" you.

To All, please get out of the contract, I dont any person to go through what I went through with sprint stores, customer service, ....etc.

They keep saying updates are coming out soon, so that you keep you phone beyond the 14 days. Then you are stuck.

Journeyman

It's interesting that the moderator(s) are paying enough attention to edit out "inappropriate words" in freakaz0id's post, but won't bother to reply to everyone's concerns or questions.

The last word we heard from anyone at Sprint was more than a week ago. Abysmal customer service, Sprint.

I have three days left to return my phones. And I promise you I won't just be returning my two S6s, but also my wife's iPhone and my daughter's S4. Plus, I'll do everything in my power to make this fiasco known to everyone I can.

Community Manager

Ok folks, I don't have much new to report.  I can confirm that there are active investigations into reception issues on both the S6 Edge and the S6, looking into 1) dropped calls 2) inability to access LTE and 3) Error 34 when attempting to send a message.

As we mentioned previously, problems of this type can take a while to sort out and we do not get regular updates as to the progress of active investigations.  If there's something new to say, or more information needed, we'll be here to get that out to you.  If not, things may be quiet but that doesn't mean it's been forgotten.

For those folks who're experiencing issues with messaging (where you get Error 34), please go into your Messaging Settings and toggle off Enhanced Messaging for now. You can do that by Opening Messages > More > Settings > Enhanced Messaging (toggle to off).  This should prevent your messages from failing when they can't get to the Samsung server.  It's a workaround, of course, and optimally, we're working to make sure you can use Enhanced without problems going forward.

It's been said in other places, but some users do get a more stable connection with less dropped calls by switching to CDMA only but we know you bought an LTE/Spark phone for a reason and we acknowledge this isn't a permanent fix.

Once again, if we're made party to more information about the investigation or if a timeline for a fix/push is made available, we'll communicate that as soon as we get it. 

SeaWolf

Community Administrator

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Thank you for acknowledging the issue.  I do hope it gets resolved sooner rather than later. 

Journeyman

In my situation the phone signal strength is weak and not obtaining service where my s4 did before. Is this also being looked into?

Journeyman

Unfortunately, I do not see this as a resolution to the issue. While the issue has been acknowledged, being given work arounds and asked to holdout does not solve the ongoing issue.

If this was a known problem with the Galaxy S6 that might make sense. But other cell phone providers are not experiencing the same problem. If Sprint's network was not ready to handle the S6 they should not have rolled out the device. There is no way this issue was missed in some sort of testing!

The sad part is due to lack of communication and acknowledgement of the issue, people are holding on to phones that are of no use to them, being asked to pay restocking and activation fees, etc. When I purchase a new phone I expect it to work or there to be a logical and rapid resolution to the problem. I understand that things happen with technology, but Sprint's blatant disregard of the issue at several levels is frustrating and poor customer service.

When Sprint upgraded to their 4G towers service was terrible and we were asked to wait.  I waited well over a year for that fix. I can't imagine that about a year later I'm being asked to wait again.

No thank you, Sprint. I will be moving on to a cell phone company that can provide me with the service I am paying for.

Journeyman

We are having the same issue of little/no 4G or Spark signal where we had a fine signal with the Galaxy S$ previously.  Also dropped calls and failed texts.  Switching to CDMA has provided a partial fix for the time being.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do we know if other carriers are having these same issues or is this isolated to Sprint? I for one am not under contract with Sprint.

Edit: I answered my own question doing a Google search other carries also are dropping calls like crazy so the fix I guess falls on Samsung.

When is the G4 coming out?

Journeyman

no. I have the samsung galaxy s6 edge with AT&T and I have experienced absolutely zero issues.

Journeyman

Interesting that At&t is not having problems yet Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile are.

Journeyman

Galaxy S6 Edge.  Massachusetts commuting from zip code 01915 to 01843 and back each day.  Dropped calls are horrendous.  Hopefully a fix is coming soon.  Everything else is great except using the phone as a phone.

Journeyman

Yes please. Also, take it to Facebook,Twitter , Google, FTC...etc. Because we want to help other people avoid this horrible company in all aspects. I can't imagine a person worked hard to save money to buy this phone and gets this kind service at sprint.

please someone contact the media like 20/20 or dateline .or CNN. I'll bet the CEO of sprint does not use sprint, just like many of his employees.

Bottom line get out while you can, and help other people not fall in this trap.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat