cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I'm also getting about 10 dropped calls on my daily commute from 20723 to 20755. I'm coming from a GS5, which does not experience drops along the same route. Also tried my wife's Sprint iPhone 6, but she didn't get any dropped calls.

Journeyman

Eta on the fix? This is crazy i spent so much money on new phone and service monthly.i am expecting a compensationfor this situation.iam not going to pay for my service until the phone is not fixed.i can not make any calls on 4g nor use the Internet.please advise

Journeyman

So can anyone confirm if they know anyone with an S6 on Sprint that does actually work properly???  Are some people just not complaining.  I'm not sure how this hasn't been picked up by any other major source. I reported the issue to techcrunch but no articles yet. I don't have as much of an issue with dropped calls but I have basically no data service.  Data service was not an issue on S4 in same location.

For those in contracts after the 14 days that are worried I would love to see Sprint try and hold someone to a contract on a phone that doesn't work.  That has lawsuit or class action lawsuit written all over it.  They are selling a phone they now know does not work on their network.

Journeyman

Hi im a s6 user just got it a few weeks ago an my lte coverage is almost non existing my cross streets r gateview dr and lava drive in san jose California 95133 i had to switch to cdma jus so i have a full signal if im on lte i barley have 1 bar if i update the prl the lte comes bacl but only for less than a minute plz help i love my phone an would really like my 4g lte back thanks

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador. Open up your phone dialer and type in ##UPDATE# (##873283#). Let the phone run through the Profile update and PRL update. Make sure WiFi is OFF before you update. Your phone may or may not reboot. No data or media will be lost.

Thanks!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Ninja_CJ

Thank you for posting that. Can you or a Sprint moderator confirm your employee / ambassador status and whether or not this is a Sprint authorized process?

Just being paranoid.

Thanks

Sprint Product Ambassador

That pindrop icon right under my avatar pic is only issued to official Sprint employees authorized to comment in our public forums. Or you could simply visit my Community profile and read my bio. Just trying to help.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

That was the first thing the Sprint peeps had most of us try. For giggles, I did it again just to see if it helped. It didn't. Thank you though.

Journeyman

I just tried the ##UPDATE# with my LTE on and wifi and connection optimizer off(so it wouldn't switch my wifi back on.) My LTE  showed full bars for about a minute then went down to 1 bar again and lost data connection on my game "Ingress".  I live less than 100 yards from a tower which has been awesome on every other sprint device I've ever had.

Journeyman

"VIVE LE RESISTANCE!"

I also can't get Ingress to work. Nor Munzee, nor C:GEO for Geocaching - at all unless I change over to CDMA, which is not a fix I want to go back to. My S4 handled all of this like a pro. Are we going to get any kind of compensation for this in the meantime? I hate that I spent all of this money for phones that aren't working, on top of which I'm paying to lease and had to pay an activation fee which just doesn't seem fair... I'm really pretty disappointed over all with our decision to go this route.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did that when I had my S6 and it made no difference what so ever. Unless a new update has been release it will make no difference! Are you as a Sprint authorized employee saying Sprint has authorized and released on over the air update that will fix the problems with the Sprint variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6???

Community Manager

Annoyedwithsprint wrote:

Ninja_CJ

Thank you for posting that. Can you or a Sprint moderator confirm your employee / ambassador status and whether or not this is a Sprint authorized process?

Just being paranoid.

Thanks

Annoyedwithsprint,

CJ, as he mentioned, can be identified as an employee because he has the pin drop icon beneath his name.

pin drop.JPG

This icon can only be added from the admin console, it can't be selected by a user and we only add it to verified employees.

Hope this helps

SeaWolf

Community Admin

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat