cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Can someone please verify if this actually works now, I returned my S6 but would love to go back to it.  It was a great phone and I'm really missing the camera, screen, and features of the S6 that my Moto X just doesn't have.  But I cant have a phone that doesn't work so I'm really hoping this is a fix. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

no, its not a fix!

Journeyman

I've tried it more times than I care to count and it does no good.

Journeyman

I can confirm that this is not a fix. I spoke with a Sprint Senior representative today. She confirmed the issue (finally!) and said that when a new phone comes out Sprint's network often cannot handle it. She said it could take months for a fix. And as my 14 day period is about to end, she said she would hate to see me get stuck with a phone that doesn't work to its fullest capacity with no timeline for when it will work. She asked if I would be interested in a different phone, tried all the usual troubleshooting, so tomorrow I will be switching to Verizon. She is the first individual to acknowledge the problem, but also had no idea on a timeline. She said technician have to get out to the towers and rectify the problem. I am not willing to wait or pay for what service that doesn't work. I've been following this thread since the beginning and have researched every carrier; Sprint is the only one with this issue. Not sure if that helps anyone, but I thought I would relay the information.

Journeyman

The first thing i did was to call Sprint. The rep i spoke with said the same thing, return the phone while i still can, that there was no time frame for a fix and they were aware there was a problem. I returned my phone as soon as i could well with in Best Buys 14 day (13 day) return policy. I got a hard time from the BB employee i returned the phone to but thats BB. I wasn't crazy about the lease deal anyway. I'll wait to later once the bugs are worked out and this phone's sales dive due to problems and get a better deal, or get a LG G4 or an iPhone 6+

Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Good for you av402css, I went over the 14 days, and the Customer service kept lying to me, and the store employees also kept lying to me.  I lost over $800 and I switched to AT&T and bought another phone, I traded my Note Edge for $225.00 but I don't care.  I could have sold it on the internet but I did not want another person to suffer with sprint. 

Journeyman

Same here I had the iphone 6 and in my apartment it 4 bars but since i got my s6 I only get on bar

Journeyman

I Had the dropped calls on a galaxy s6. After 5 days I returned in within the 14 day period. I switched to att, could not be happier. I found Verizon is having the same issue due to them also using cdma.

Journeyman

I really think you are all wrong about the problem even though I'm stuck with it too. I think it's because sprint it trying to implement the" spark" part and they only have it in a few cities but on all of our g6's the radio is turned on. So, everytime we go from one tower without it to another tower without it, it tries first to connect to that and then to the rest which fails. I think that's why cdma works. I'd rather you prove me wrong instead of talk about other things for a minute, because if we solve the problem maybe they can make a solution.

Journeyman

Where did you hear that Verizon users are having problems? I've been following this on other carriers and haven't seen an issue, except one lady who didn't have her mobile data turned on!

Journeyman

Samsung has admitted that there is a problem and an update is coming soon (no exact date).

Journeyman

"Early on though it seems that some customers have been experiencing issues with memory management on both new devices, and according to Forbes, Samsung has openly admitted to the problem and confirmed the existence of the issue through their UK Facebook page."

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat