cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

"the memory leak is causing a slow down of apps and overall performance management, and is even causing some applications to crash when attempting to open them up. This is because the RAM isn’t being freed up after applications are no longer in use and opening apps anew is resulting in grabbing additional unused portions of RAM"

Journeyman

"Samsung Mobile UK posted on Facebook: "Micro-updates are in the process of being rolled out to correct issues relating to device performance and stability... Keep checking for these on your device via Settings > About device > Software update > Update now"."

I know this is in the UK. But its the exact same problem with lollipop they are thinking. Just trying to help get some info out.

Look up Samsung RAM fix.

Journeyman

They are taking too long to fix this issue. Phone is worthless right now. I am taking mine back tomorrow.

Journeyman

Turns out it's an even bigger problem than Sprint. Verizon is also having issues. Providers weren't prepared to handle the radio on the S6. Went to Sprint today (last day of my 14 days), confirmed that the issue was being worked on. Not that working on it solves the issue, but now we're at least past the run around. Did not switch to Verizon as originally intended, because I quickly learned via Verizon forum and Android forum that I would be facing similar issues. I'm hoping I'm not making a big mistake in riding it out, although I'm not willing to downgrade my phone at this time. I would've hoped Sprint or Samsung would've done something to compensate, but why would they? They'll still get their money. Would love to hear if and when anyone gets their phone working as it should be.

Journeyman

same here to many dropped calls internet speed to slow no bar as of signal

Journeyman

I'm having horrible connectivity issues as well. Switching to CDMA only allows me to not miss calls and transfer data more slowely (Chicago suburbs) but is not what I'm paying Sprint or Samsung for and is not a fix. If I have to turn off this functionality of the phone, can I also turn off the "spark" noise during startup?

Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I went to return my S6 phone for dropped calls and no Internet bars.  guy at store changed my network settings back to 3G lte and everyone works like a dream.  Try it.

Journeyman

it has nothing to do with it being a 'new phone'. All of a sudden my Galaxy Note 3 (Which is NOT new) has been experiencing No Network errors. Currently there is an open ticket for my case. I still have yet to hear from them. This is definitely grounds for legitimately being able to cancel my contract. I can't send or receive text messages. I can't make or receive calls. I've tried CDMA, CDMA/LTE and Automatic. I turn on roaming and its always informing me that my data has been disconnecting, I am now roaming. Seriously Sprint. I have been a customer of yours for a decade! DO SOMETHING!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I disagree, my Galaxy S4 is the L720T and is fully Spark capable and when in a Spark area, like at my house. The Spark icon appears and I have quite fast LTE speeds. The S6 I returned also Spark capable never showed as being connected to Spark at my home or anyplace else I traveled. The only place the S6 did not drop a call was sitting in my living room, hardy the usage I got the phone for.

Also, the "Sprint" S6 will not allow you to use the internet while talking on the phone, a step backward in tech from the S4. Not being under contract with Sprint I may find myself at AT&T to see what deals they might toss my way but I can not see myself wasting time with the Sprint Galaxy S6 anytime soon if at all!!!

Journeyman

I to am experiencing bad reception(as of now my s4 is by far superior and slooww performance from my s6 edge. After checking online, I am hopeful issues are resolved quickly. I hate being embarrassed by borrowing my wife's Iphone.

Journeyman

Ninja_CJ I noticed that you posted these instructions all over the forums as a solution to the connectivity problems with the S6 and from what I've seen this is not a working solution.  Any updates on this?  Although I already returned my S6 and went back to my Moto X (which gets great service and no dropped calls) I really want to be able to upgrade and get a new phone but I cant do that if these phones don't work on Sprints network. 

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi buddy099 -

I posted these instructions for two reasons:

1) It DOES help many people who seem to have strange connectivity snafus.

2) It does a world of good to do these procedures periodically.

Maybe it won't help everyone in every case. But it does help some. We've seen plenty of reports back that "dropped call" issues have cleared up after a master update.

CJ

Sprint employee, Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat