cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

I found a possible resolution to some of the data connectivity issues that people are having.  I found that only certain applications were having problems.  For instance, Google Play Music would not load on Sprint Spark worth anything, but Spotify would work amazingly fast.

I found that if I cleared the cache and data of the app having issues, that it resolved the problems.

There's still other issues with calling/drops and other itesm related to the mobile network, but at least this could help resolve speed issues on some of the apps people are seeing.

Steps:

a) Turn off Wifi

b) Make sure your phone's mobile connection is on Automatic or LTE.

c) Settings

d) Applications

e) Application Manager

f) Swipe over to "All"

g) Select the app with issues - IE = Google Play Music or whatever

h) Click "Clear Data" (this should clear the local data and Cache at once.

i)  Test the app

PS - it seems that within some apps...data is getting "stuck" and the mobile connection has troubles getting past this.  Since I did this, I've had good luck with the apps that we're not loading on Sprint Spark.

Journeyman

Re: No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I have been suffering with this problem as well, at least my sales rep at sprint had the honest notion to tell me there was something amiss. I changed my settings to CDMA only, as recommended in a previous post, and it seems to have helped. Hopefully I can get by until there is a fix. The question is when is it going to happen?

Journeyman

Thanks for the work around.  I did this, and my phone seems to be working properly from what I can tell.  My Facebook refreshes normally or as it should.  I sure hope this is a more permanent solution to my problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here's an interesting article from a tech blog that may help clarify some things.

http://www.pocketables.com/2015/04/data-drop-issue-plaguing-some-sprint-htc-one-m9-users.html

This really helps to confirm my suspicions of what's really causing the problems with the S6, it's not the phone but it's Sprints network and how they manage it on the back end.

Journeyman

Anything new from our techs at sprint? Starting to get frustrating

Journeyman

I agree a restocking few of $75 is ridiculous. How much time /staff does it take to put a phone back on the Darn shelf. (And I realize I may be over simplifying but really? $75???) Highway robbery SPRINT!

Journeyman

You should be compensated for all days in which your service was interrupted. With regards to contracts, Sprint has a certain amount of time to address the issue after which you may end your contract without penalty because they are not providing you the service you are paying for. Period!

Journeyman

I have a Note 3 & I'm experiencing the same behavior. It is NOT specific to the s6! Don't let anyone fool you into thinking it is.

Journeyman

Because spark antenna lay out.

Journeyman

Another not so happy sprint customer......

Had a s3 with ZERO issues phone got old and went to upgrade... Been with sprint now for about 6 years

and bought the New S6 HUGE mistake, I use my phone non stop all day to do my work so I use it mostly for business. and All I can say is DISAPPOINTED here is my list of issues

1. Constant dropped calls when driving from zip 07001 to 08902 ( Not acceptable when using for business)

2. Constant calls Cutting in and out while not moving

3. Cant be on a call and look up information on web or be on a call and use the Navigation (my old phone was just fine)

4. Battery not good

5. My internet connection says cannot display error way to often

6. WiFi cuts in and out

7.  Touch screen don't respond all the time ( I keep pressing the app icon and does noting...

This is pretty much it don't understand how either SPRINT or Samsung (who ever the isuses are with) they can go backwards..

Journeyman

Been a few days...  Any official update? Phone has been out a month and still cannot get reliable 4g.   I suggest all who are having this problem to ask for credits on their bill.   If nothing else, $10 per month to offset the premium data charges.   If I didn't have a sweet sero plan I'd be gone.

Journeyman

Its the service. It seems like every year during the last part of April into May the service is horrible. I have spent the last two days trying to get my wi-fi to stay up long enough to turn in my mid term. Of course I was late and the professor had no chill told me to get a better service I lost 10% of my grade.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat