cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.  I am only receiving 1 bar throughout Cincinnati area.  Dropped calls, missed calls, calls sent to voicemail have been quite common over the past few days.  Here are two zip codes and addresses where signal used to be rather good and now... nothing.

45227  cross streets: Desmond Street and Kenwood Avenue

45238  cross streets: Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue

Colleagues and friends of mine who also purchased the Samsung Galaxy S6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am experiencing.

Message Title was edited by: SeaWolf
Just edited the title, since we're reporting on and monitoring this one for updates.

226 REPLIES 226
Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems like Sprint has abandoned us on the issue.  I've been using my new S6 as a 3G CDMA phone now for a week.  Was hoping for a solution soon.

For those of you planning on returning by the end of the week what are you going to do?  Switch back to your old device and hope to repurchase if they ever fix the issue or switch to a different phone?  I'm weighing my options.

Also do we get our activation fee refunded because of a faulty device?  I also plan on calling for a credit because we are paying for a data service that we can not use.

Sprint customer for 15 years and highly disappointed in the lack of response on the issue.  I've tried a factory reset, uninstalling all social media apps, updates, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree that Sprint seems to have decided to ignore us for now. A Sprint admin posted a message earlier in a different thread saying “Folks we are working on the issue.  Updates will be provided, when they become available…” Pretty much a “don’t call us, we’ll call you.

I’ve noticed on other Samsung / Sprint / S6 forums (forums not hosted by Sprint) that people are reporting that both Sprint and Samsung support ticket peeps are saying that there is NO problem, or blaming it on each other.. So it seems as if we may be out of luck and are just being told that they’re “working on it” to mollify us in hopes that we’ll get tired of complaining and just deal with poor reception. And, of course, just shut up and keep paying our bills. Sorry, Sprint. You're going to lose customers.

Pretty discouraged. I’ve had four lines with Sprint for more than a decade and, sadly, am now thinking about jumping ship. So, I’ll probably return our two S6s, demand to be taken off the contract I just got into, and read up on how the S6 is fairing on other providers, then go from there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought the s6 edge also, coming from a moto x. I have found the data sucks, it takes forever if at all to send anything like a snapchat or update a status. Where on the moto x it would send even when i was roaming fast. Pages off internet/ chrome take forever to load. I paid full price on this phone was too excited to wait for upgrade, now im starting to kick myself for even considering going back to any galaxies.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally gave up and ended up returning the phones today. Was a whole ordeal as well. Tech Support told me to take phones to store. When I went to return them, store said they are required to charge me a re-stocking fee. No way in hell was I going to pay a restocking fee on a phone that doesn't work. If anything, they should be paying us a fee for having to put up with this. Had call tech support again and had them promise to credit me back the amount after I returned it. (hoping it actually happens) Also apparently got lucky cause today was my 14th day, so last day to return. Although I will be very surprised if they don't let people get out of their contracts even a bit later given that this is clearly a widespread issue.

Just don't understand how a company as large as Sprint could release the hottest, fastest phone out right now and not be able to support it. Also surprised everyone acts like no one is aware of this issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S6 non Edge

Dropped calls in 08690, also went to Wash DC for three days and dropped 10 calls on during the 3 hour drive. Called customer service, visited 2 stores, got nothing but the run around. Ended up chatting with a customer service agent and he sent me a new phone and return kit. Activated the new phone today, same problem, no bars no service in most areas.

I'm a salesman that travels often and I can't count on my phone. The S4 that I switched from had flawless service, I can honestly say I never remember it dropping a single call. Did anyone field test the S6? Seeing tons of complaints about this Sprint phone, hope it gets resolved soon.

CC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 non edge

Upgraded from the dinosaur Galaxy S2 3 days ago. Sad to say that phone had better reception than the S6. I sold the S2 back to Sprint for $10 and am now worried. I have no data except while on wifi at home. Phone and text sketchy at best. No service in zip codes 46702,46750 and in Ft Wayne, IN. Somewhat relieved it just isn't me, but come on Sprint! Why release the S6 without proper testing?

I travel 30 plus minutes to a Sprint store for service. There goes my Saturday afternoon if there is no fix for this problem. Very disappointed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The galaxy s6 is the worse phone u can get it drops calls often. u can't use web and talk on the phone or use ur navigation i had the galaxy s4 and it was so much better even though the s6 has some nice feature with major issues as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just hope they fix this. I have never had a problem with my samsung phones and they have never let me down. Iv had all the phones from the s2 to the s3 to the s4 to the s5 and now the s6 edge and now there seems to be a problem. And i have had problems with sprint in the past but i know its not the towers in the area because its funny how i can have the s5 next to the s6 on same service same towers and the s5 wins and the s6 wont load anything except downloading from the google play store and using the web browser. But youtube dont Work half the time and facebook doesnt work at all and neither does instagram. It seems like apps wont work on data but the browser and google play will work no problem. But keep in mind that this problem only exists on 4G/LTE network. But when you goto settings>mobile networks and then switch to 3G/CDMA it works better then 4G and fast too but then sometimes it's the opposite ill have to switch back to 4G / LTE because 3G / CDMA won't work. I do not understand what could be the problem. and tried everything from PRL updates to profile updates to dialing the ##72786# code and my phone is running the latest version of Android. I'm just a little frustrated because I really love this phone and I would love to have good LTE on it like I always had on my galaxy s5. I spoke to a representative from Sprint and they told me that if my galaxy s5 was able to capture a signal then my galaxy s6 and should be able to also. we couldn't figure it out the representative tried everything she could then told me that I should visit a Sprint store before my 14 days is up to get my phone replaced. but since I've been reading these forms I've noticed that a lot of people are having the same problem and I believe it is either a phone problem or a sprint problem or both. oh yeah and the representative also told me that there was no tower issues in my area which is 34275 and 34229. sprint please fix this issue I love the phone and I love my service the way it was. Thanks please update us on what's going on P.S your dear valued customer

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone has any solutions on how to fix this problem please share thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm experiencing the same data issues in the Minneapolis area. I have an S6 (non-edge) and am on my 2nd phone in the last 12 days. Both phones have had the same exact issue...very slow on the Sprint Network. I had an S3 before this one and 4g/LTE on that phone worked just fine. With the S6, I rarely see more than one bar on LTE and the spark wheel icon constantly spins and applications like Facebook and LinkedIn won't even open. On a few occasions, I've gotten very good speed test results (48Mbps), but that is in very specific locations within a zip code. Unfortunately, the other 95% of the time I get one bar and lots of spark wheel spinning (very annoying). Is the spark icon suppose to always spin when on LTE or is it suppose to only spin when uploading or download data? Mine spins all the time, which I absolutely hate. I would really like to hear from other if their spark icon spun all the time on the S5 or only when uploading/downloading or is spark new with the S6? I have been with Sprint for 15 years and for the first time, I am thinking about changing carriers and either moving to an iPhone (another first) or getting a another S6. I have 2 days to decide.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would try getting another phone but it seems like there all having the same problem. But yeah im having the same issue. but for now 3G seems to be working so ill use that until they find a solution to this crap lol. And if anyone wants to know how to change there phone to just use CDMA/3G data only to see if that will work for you in the meantime just goto SETTINGS then goto MOBILE NETWORKS then goto NETWORK MODE select CDMA which is 3G data and then it will ask to REBOOT then click okay. then when the phone comes back on you will notice it will only stay on 3G untill you switch it back to AUTOMATIC. let me know how it works for you. I imagine that it will only work for people who have good 3G service in the area tho. But it worked for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I officially ran out of time waiting for some sort of response from Sprint other than "Just Wait". Called in to process my return request. The sales rep had to call over to Tech Support to have account coded that it was a phone defect in order to not get charged to restocking fee. When speaking to the Tech he denied that there were any known issues with the phone and gave me a decently hard time getting the order coded correctly.

Hopefully Sprint gets this issue sorted out at some point and I can again pick up the phone. There is just too much risk involved right now just waiting around for an answer to something that they don't seem to think is very important. I mean, if you don't even tell your tech people that there are potential problems with a brand new device, i have doubts to the fact that they are even researching it at all. I agree with what Annoyed is saying. The evidence points more to the fact that they are just hoping the issue goes away or that people will just accept it or forget.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat