cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No reception - Samsung Galaxy S6 (and S6 Edge)

I received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.  I am only receiving 1 bar throughout Cincinnati area.  Dropped calls, missed calls, calls sent to voicemail have been quite common over the past few days.  Here are two zip codes and addresses where signal used to be rather good and now... nothing.

45227  cross streets: Desmond Street and Kenwood Avenue

45238  cross streets: Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue

Colleagues and friends of mine who also purchased the Samsung Galaxy S6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am experiencing.

Message Title was edited by: SeaWolf
Just edited the title, since we're reporting on and monitoring this one for updates.

226 REPLIES 226
Highlighted
Journeyman

4 years in data speed? That's a riot, I've had sprint for 15 years and i would gladly give up this paper weight (aka galaxy s6 32gb, not edge) and revert back to the flip phone with a broken extendable antenna i had when i first joined.

With no exaggeration, i honestly can't think of any phone I've ever owned that has dropped this many calls.

It's horrible, atrocious, pathetic. I musty be an idiot, because i keep paying for this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Buddy099, where did you see sprint acknowledge the problem and the states effected? I called tech support yesterday and they had no knowledge of the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also in Cincinnati, OH I live in Loveland 45140 and work in Kenwood. I recently upgraded my LG Optimus G to the Samsung Galaxy S6 (Not Edge) and now I have one single bar everywhere I go. When I used to have full bars on 4G LTE everywhere I go. Now if i want to do something I have to be on a wifi network. Its extremely disappointing. Is this a fixable problem or not? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTStinson, I live in Madisonville, south of Kenwood and work in Western Hills.  My signal at home has improved to almost all bars; however, the LTE speed is abysmal and if I move just a few feet in my home, the signal immediately drops to 1 bar.  I have zero LTE service in zip code 45238 at Ferguson Road and Glenway Avenue.  Yesterday, after sheer frustration, I stopped by the Kenwood Sprint store, with an appointment, and waited as my phone was tested.  As I was getting ready to run over to Starbucks, the technician came out and informed me that my phone was operating under normal parameters.  I just looked at him with the most bewildered face.  I asked him if there have been other reported issues similar to mine and it was a resounding, "yes!" 

I came back home and placed the free LG tablet right beside the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the tablet had full bars and the phone had one bar.  To me, this clearly indicates that it is a hardware issue with the phone and not the network.  I have repackaged the phone and tablet and returning it today.  cantbebothered

Highlighted
Journeyman

roland0921,

A couple of Sprint employees have posted in forums saying that this is a known device issue, or something like that. However, that was days ago and they have said nothing since then.

It's become ludicrous. They basically ignoring us now. I do agree with what buddy099 said about it taking some time to figure things like this out. However, as he said... what do we do in the meantime? And why won't they give us ANY kind of update?

I sure wish I still worked in major-market media. Maybe one of the larger android or or tech blogs will pick up on this and make a big deal of it.

Sprint customers are continuing to purchase S6s and S6 Edges with no idea what they're getting in to. By pretending that nothing is wrong, both Sprint and Samsung are pulling a fast one on the consumer. And you're right, Roland, Sprint tech support, both on-line and locally, seem to have been told nothing, or are being told to pretend like there's not a problem. I didn't buy my S6s until last Saturday, when Sprint was already aware of the problem. I hadn't heard about it, and the sales-guy at the Sprint corporate store I bought the phones from didn't seem to have any idea, or at least he didn't bother to mention it.

I had them activate the phones at the store. One of them popped up and worked right away. The other took forever to connect and activate. At the time I just assumed that there was a small glitch. Now I know better. If they don't do something soon, and if they continue to sell these phones, knowing of this major flaw - and continue to fleece the consumer, I smell class action lawsuit. I'll certainly sign up if things keep going the way they are with no solution and no updates from Sprint or Samsung.

We all paid a lot for these amazing phones - that won't work as phones. And we all pay a ton for the "privilege" of getting to use the Sprint network. Every day that goes by that we all continue to pay for terrible service, is highway robbery on Sprint's part. They need to do something, and soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just chiming in as another affected person...  Kenosha, WI to Gurnee IL.  I can get 4 bars LTE if I'm on the highway going to work... but anywhere else (a block or two off the freeway) is 1 bar.   CMDA mode fixes it for me, but then my data goes to crap.

If it wasn't for my SERO plan, I'd be gone - but wondering why I'm paying the extra $$$ for an "advance" device when I cannot use LTE well

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im having the same problems. We should send this to the news media and see what sprint will tell them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hate say its phones radio . S5 and note 4 10 times better radios in them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I returned my S6 today while still with in the 14 day return period and had my reliable S4 reactivated. The drop call issue and battery drain issue are just to much do have to deal with in a brand new phone. Reverting back to CDMA is not a work around, its a sucker punch. Horrible battery drain is another one and loosing features like being able to talk and use data at the same time is a step backwards. One should not have to step backwards with a new flagship device that has received as much hype as the S6. Waiting on Sprint to update towers to catch up to the S6 could take years making an expensive phone useless. I'm out on the S6, maybe Sprint altogether!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm just throwing in my 2 cents here since I had opened another thread right after I got the S6 complaining about these issues as well and was directed here. My 14 days is almost up, and this hasn't improved, and we've not been given any kind of assurances that anything is going to be done about this whatsoever. So I think it's time we either went back to our S4s or found a different cell company. I refuse to may extra money for 4G that I can't even use. That's total crap and I refuse to throw my money away.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so I have posted this thread on my Facebook page because a lot of my friends were asking me how was the phone and I didn't want them to make the same mistake I did and have sprint steal their money. I will suggest for everyone that is having this problem to let as much people know possible before they purchase this stupid phone with this stupid company and waste their money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue in the Milwaukee area.  My old Galaxy non-Spark S3 got full LTE bars everywhere with no service interruption, but with the new S6 edge, I'm getting the same results as everybody in this thread.  The Spark S4 had issues and we were promised it'd be fixed - it never was.  The S5 last year had the same issues.  We were promised they were working on it.  It got a *little* better, but still nowhere near how a top of the line phone should work.  Now the S6 and back to the same issue.  Sprint says Milwaukee towers are upgraded to Spark, so one would assume the phone should work.  But yet here we are again.  And Sprint wonders why they are bleeding customers.  I'm on my 14th day and was told by a rep in a Sprint store that the issues were being worked out and I should wait for a few days for a response from Sprint/Samsung as to a resolution.  I asked about the 14 day return and he said Sprint should extend the return policy because of this being a known issue.  I'm NOT holding my breath and I also will refuse to pay extra when/if this isn't resolved soon and I'm forced to go to another carrier.  We need to make this issue go viral with a news site or Reddit... anything to make Sprint actually do something for once.  All we ever get are empty promises of "we're working on it" but nothing ever gets resolved.  If this issue gained teeth nationally, maybe they would finally take customer service seriously and try to help us out.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat