cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving voicemails on my samsung s6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not receiving voicemails on my samsung s6

I do not get any notifications for new voicemails on my phone, and when I go into Visual Voicemail have no new voicemails for many months even though when I call my phone number to get into voicemail it tells me I have 8 new voicemails. 

If I go to the three horizontal bars beside "inbox" in voicemail app it shows my wifes phone number and not mine.

I have followed the steps on the troubleshooting guide for accessing voicemail, and have then deleted the cache and data for Visual Voicemail application. When going through the setup for Voicemail when it get's to Personalize it is supposed to call your voicemail but instead it calls my wifes phone. Everything else works fine on the smartphone, including the phone.

Any ideas on how to have my phone recognize my phone number for voicemail rather than my wifes? Talking to Sprint support got me nowhere.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated, a solution even more so 🙂

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Not receiving voicemails on my samsung s6

an agent might have to remove voice mail from your line then re add it back on. they might be abel to fully reset it from their side as well.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

forgot to mention if/when they do this more than likely you will lose all messages in there..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

toddgr, thank you for contacting us, like fireguy_6364 said, we might need to fully reset the voicemail and this will wipe all the voicemail messages and configurations however, we need to determine first, why this is happening.

This could be caused due to a variety of reasons, like being on an area with Off-network data roaming coverage, poor indoor or outdoor coverage.

and even traveling in and out of Sprint network coverage.

May I please have some of the cross streets and ZIP code of the location where you mostly use the phone?

I also would like you to try this; (before doing this, please access your voicemail and listen to your new voicemail messages)

• From the home screen, tap Apps.
  • Scroll to and tap Settings.
  • Scroll to and tap Applications.
  • Tap Application manager.
  • Scroll to and tap the application and clear cache.

After that, restart the phone, then have someone call you and leave you a voicemail message and please let us know if this time you receive a notification.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Fireguy, I will likely get into a Sprint store with tech support today so they can hopefully resolve this. My voicemails are all removed now anyway, but thanks for the warning as well.

It didn't seem like the Sprint support on the phone had any idea what to do though which was disappointing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sprint_Ina,

In my area I generally always have 3-4 bars both indoors and outdoors where I am almost all day everyday. I will hold off posting my location here for my own security, but hopefully the local Sprint office with tech support can work something out on that.

As mentioned in my initial post, I had already cleared the cache and all data from Visual Voicemail, restarted the phone and started the voicemail setup again which called my wife's phone when going through the "personalize" option.

I just called my phone from another and got my message, but no indicator on the phone that there was a new message. Nothing as well when I went into the app.

Thanks

Highlighted
GrandMaster

out of curiosity. has your wife had to use your phone at any point and used something like Google Voice? or vise versa with you and her phone? just seems really odd that it would just up and do this without a cause. something is pulling your voicemail to her phone. another question. was her phone yours originally by chance? or vise versa?
Highlighted
Journeyman

I suspect the cause of the issue was related to me using my wifes phone upgrade when I got the phone, although I was sure this was working at some point. Her phone is an older non-smartphone and she doesn't use mine like you suggest so no chance of phone confusion that way.

I went into a sprint store today with some technical support capabilities and they resolved the problem relatively quickly. They dialed a code to reset the network on the phone (something like ##scrn#) and after it restarted it picked up the correct numbers and an existing voice mail or two after it fully started.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries. i think the code they had you do was SCRTN or something along those lines. its been a while since i have had to do it or had anyone do it lol.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually yeah.. it was ##72786# (##SCRTN#) which is a network reset.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this same problem. Visual VM app has

not worked and received voicemail since july

of 16. Every once in a while I will get a

"Voicemail pending" notification in the global

phone notification list, when I tap that it

goes right to the phone app and manually dials

voicemail. I dont get a Visual VM app

notification though, and the voicemails dont

appear there. Most times I don't even get the

voicemail pending notification, I will just

decide to dial voicemail randomly and it tells

me there are a bunch of new messages. Very

problematic. I have followed the steps in

visual vm
"help">"troubleshooting">"No Voicemail

Notifications"    AND
"help">"troubleshooting">"Re-Activating the

application" to no avail.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat