cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds while playing music

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notification sounds while playing music

I just switched over from the HTC One M8 to the Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm still trying to get used to using TouchWiz instead of Sense.. On my M8 I never had an issue with notification sounds stopping the music that I was playing while I was wearing headphones. On my S6, anytime that I get a notification with a sound alert it quiets the music, plays the sound and then brings the music back up to the volume that I had it at. The fade-out effect that's used is pretty dramatic and it takes a while to go back to full volume. Is there any way to turn this off? I've taken a few looks in the settings of the phone but I haven't found anything yet that I could change. I stream my music through Google Play Music and I've looked in the settings of that app also and haven't seen anything. Anybody have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Notification sounds while playing music

I just got the S6 also. Coming from the S4 I had the same problem. It was so annoying! However, if I put the phone on vibrate the music was not interrupted. I think that will still work with the 6.

Journeyman

Re: Notification sounds while playing music

Wow, I hadn't thought about doing that. Thanks for the idea!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat