cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification sounds while playing music

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notification sounds while playing music

I just switched over from the HTC One M8 to the Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'm still trying to get used to using TouchWiz instead of Sense.. On my M8 I never had an issue with notification sounds stopping the music that I was playing while I was wearing headphones. On my S6, anytime that I get a notification with a sound alert it quiets the music, plays the sound and then brings the music back up to the volume that I had it at. The fade-out effect that's used is pretty dramatic and it takes a while to go back to full volume. Is there any way to turn this off? I've taken a few looks in the settings of the phone but I haven't found anything yet that I could change. I stream my music through Google Play Music and I've looked in the settings of that app also and haven't seen anything. Anybody have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the S6 also. Coming from the S4 I had the same problem. It was so annoying! However, if I put the phone on vibrate the music was not interrupted. I think that will still work with the 6.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, I hadn't thought about doing that. Thanks for the idea!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat