cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat battery drain

GrandMaster

Re: Nougat battery drain

also they will more than likely try to reflash the Nougat update onto your phone in case something just didnt load correctly. worst case scenario it will need a factory reset.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did a factory reset.  It's been a complete PITA since then as it syncs my contacts with an empty contacts list, etc.  I had to install a third party contacts saver.

The factory reset did nothing.  I don't need to waste time at a Sprint store just to have them do another one.  Putting the phone in "ultra" power saving mode does nothing.  The battery monitor lies and says there will be 112 hours of battery life while it is draining 3% per hour.

Obviously there are bugs in the OS causing power drain.  Reflashing will do nothing, just as the factory reset did nothing.

GrandMaster

after you did the factory reset did you add everything back or did you test it bare bones for a few hours to see if it was still happening? as for it possibly being a bug i doubt this..if it were you would see a TON of complaints in here about this...and scanning through the only report in here about battery drain after that update was your thread with only you posting in it. so this narrows it down a bit to either a combo of apps on your phone causing this or the update just didnt load correctly onto the phone..since you already did a factory reset on it you need to either test without any apps on it which you can try to do by booting into safe mode...then test it for a few hours..and if that doesnt work then you can see if the repair store can reflash the update onto your phone to see if that fixes it.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

"after you did the factory reset did you add everything back or did you test it bare bones for a few hours to see if it was still happening?"

Yes.  There was no change in the battery drain.  As I have mentioned, I ran in safe mode.  There was no difference, it still sucked power.  The other way to disable all the apps is "ultra" power saving mode.  And as I mentioned there was no change, it still sucked power.

It is not the apps.

Your "update just didnt load correctly onto the phone" is interesting.  How do I fix it?

GrandMaster

take it into a repair store and see if the agents can reflash the update onto your phone.
Journeyman

The only remedy from everything I have read is to abandon nougat and go back to marshmallow.  Reflashing nougat will do nothing, just as factory reset did nothing, safe mode does nothing, ultra power saving mode does nothing. 

Sprint Social Care

purplesuit13,

I completely understand the situation. Please, let me ask, were you able to take the device to the repair store for review?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't have a store near my home.  There may be one near work, but I don't have much extra time at work.  I will have to go two stops on the Metro to get there.

Sprint Social Care

purplesuit13,

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I went in the Sprint store in Winchester this morning at 9AM.  The young woman was very nice and looked at the phone.  But she said they cannot reflash marshmallow.  Nor can they reflash nougat in case that was not installed properly.  She also said she had an older tablet on nougat that has increased battery drain when not in use.  Like mine it is unrelated to any app as it drains just as much in safe mode.  She said we simply have to wait for an update from Samsung.

Sprint Social Care

In that case, you'll have to wait until the next update to see if there is any improvement.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

There was an update on the 24th.  I am now running version G920PVPS4DQE2  There was no improvement in battery life.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat