cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat battery drain

Re: Nougat battery drain

I have not updated to Nougat yet but I have noticed a 30 % increase in battery usage coinciding with the release of nougat. In my case Google play and Android OS are both using much more battery then before the arrival of Nougat.

Journeyman

I tried turning off play store (which I assume has something to do with google play you mentioned) but that didn't help.  No changes, still 3X battery usage whether using the phone or not, whether safe mode or not, same problem after factory reset and reset settings.  I keep checking for updates.

GrandMaster

the store you took the phone to..was it a repair store or just a sales store? the main ones that can take care of reflashing updates are the corporate Sprint repair stores.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It was "Sprint Store"  1921 S Loudoun St, Winchester, VA 22601

Looking on google, I see nothing but "Sprint Store", no repair centers.  What should I be looking for?

GrandMaster

through the site here top right of the page it should allow you to search out the near by stores..each one should list what all they can do and not do..i would pull it up on my side try to show you but my work computer likes to give me gruff with this site with some of the most random things lol.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I went to a Sprint repair store and after some convincing, they reflashed nougat.  Their other suggestions were hardware repair service (they send it out for that) or a new phone.   I explained that the extra drain started exactly when I installed nougat and there were no apparent hardware failures either before or after.

The phone seemed a little better at first, but drained 3X on the way home with car bluetooth (but no other usage of the phone).  A better test will be having it idle for hours at a time tomorrow without a bluetooth connection.  Also others have pointed out waiting for the new OS to settle in after reflashing.  So I will post more results later.

Sprint Social Care

purplesuit13,

Thank you for keeping us posted with the updates of this matter. We look forward to read from you with the results.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No change.  Still about 3 times the battery drain compared to marshmallow. 

Sprint Social Care

In this case, hopefully a software update from Samsung would work this out. We'd need to wait for them to push a new one.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just updated the OS to version G920PVPS4DQF1 a few minutes ago.  I rebooted and will see how it goes.   It seemed to be drawing current, so I cleared the cache and rebooted.  I will write later with power drain status.  5 hours, 13%, with a completely idle phone.  6% device idle, 5% Android System, 1% Google Services and 1% Cell standby.  Should also mention that I turned off mobile data after noticing lots of TCP connections from the phone.  That didn't help with battery.

GrandMaster

do you have battery saver mode turned on or off?
Journeyman

I have "mid" power saver mode on all the time.  I have tried "max" power saver but it didn't help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat