cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Keyboard issue in Facebook only

Highlighted
Journeyman

S6 Keyboard issue in Facebook only

Galaxy S6, all of a sudden 2-3 days ago when in Facebook ( not the app ) if I go to messenger and type a message and send, when I go back in later to reply or message someone else, keyboard does not work. I have to restart the phone. Ever see this?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Master

Re: S6 Keyboard issue in Facebook only

Hi Huffdaddy2008, are you using the default keyboard on the device?

What internet browser are you using?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow,

Thread is acting weird ( not on my phone, on my computer ). I use Google Chrome and default Keyboard that was on the phone new

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, have tried clearing Cache by shutting down, restart holding power, volume up and home buttons

Highlighted
Master

Please go to the Google Play store and check if the browser and the stock Samsung keyboard have any updates pending, if they do, please update them , restart the device and test it out.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

All apps / Google Chrome and Samsung keyboard are up to date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I even went to the Galaxy store and no updates pending

Highlighted
Master

Huffdaddy2008,

Then lets try this; go to your browser settings and clear the cache again, the history, cookies and site data, after doing that, close all the tabs on the browser, open Facebook again and give it a try.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

it will end up being something with either facebook or the FB app. if it were an issue with say the keyboard it would affect pretty much anything that uses it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Huff,

I'm seeing reports of this on interwebz from others. It's not the particular app this time. It has to do with keyboard.

Two things to try.

1. Uninstall the Android System Webview updates(saw this temp fix mentioned online). First go into your Google Play store and turn off the auto-updates for apps in your settings there. Next go to Settings>Apps>Android Web View>Uninstall Updates. Now see if Samsung Keyboard works fine. In near future Samsung will prob address issue either via update or other.

Option 2. Just download another keyboard like Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, etc and use it instead. Easier, but some users really cling to their keyboard.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it only affects FB though. same ordeal? what would be the difference between FB itself and everything else that uses the keyboard for one thing or another?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Let's see if it fixes Huff's problem

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat