cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 data connection extremely slow for certain apps

Journeyman

S6 data connection extremely slow for certain apps

I am having an issue with my new S6's data connection speed on LTE. All apps and downloading data is as fast as my previous N5 on WiFi. However certain apps, mainly Facebook and Instagram, are extremely slow on LTE. Basically to the point of not loading at all. This is not a Sprint data speed issue as websites and Google searches will load extremely fast on LTE. Speed test also shows I'm in the 15mbps Range.  Side by side with my sister's S5 on LTE and that device runs those apps at full speed.  So it is not an app or destination problem, it is something specific to the S6 and LTE while on Sprint.

Who else is having this issue and is there any solution?  I have tried uninstalling apps and re-installing, cache clean, and factory reset to no avail (being on Wifi or LTE while doing these does not affect the end result of the slow/non-existant app data whatsoever).  Sprint needs to address this issue as the phone is nearly non functional outside of Wifi range.  Based on discussions here and on various other andriod forums there are others out there having the same issue and no official word from Sprint addresses it!  Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: S6 data connection extremely slow for certain apps

Having the same issue

Journeyman

Re: S6 data connection extremely slow for certain apps

This is a pretty common issue with the S6, there are even similar problems with the M9. As far as I can tell it's a Sprint Spark network issue. I don't think it's a device issue (like a bad antenna) since the data speeds work fine for the browser and e-mail and things like that. I've switched out my S6 for a new one, done factory resets and reset data provisioning, all that stuff that a tech will ask you to do if you call in to troubleshoot. It doesn't seem to help. A temporary fix is to change your "preferred network mode" to CDMA only (which is 3G). It runs slower but it's at least reliable right now. The "official" word is that Sprint and Samsung are both aware of the issue and are working towards a solution. Keep an eye on the forums for any new updates that are posted.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat