cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Sport (or Active AT&T) come to Sprint???

Journeyman ykb
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 Sport (or Active AT&T) come to Sprint???

Anyone know or have any speculation as to if Sprint will offer a Sport version of the S6?  I hear that the S6 Sport/Active may be exclusive to AT&T?

Did the S4 Sport/Active and S5 Sport/Active start out that way (i.e. exclusive to one carrier like AT&T) then offered by Sprint?

I currently have S4 and am ready to upgrade but would like to wait for the S6 Sport/Active if it'll be available for Sprint.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sport (or Active AT&T) come to Sprint???

I just googled it. AT&T snatched up the exclusive release of the S5 active as well which means eventually it'll be released through all other brands per the usual. Samsung isn't going to miss out on all that money. Please.

Journeyman

I really really hope its soon because im very tired of sprint holding out on picking out decent phones for users.... im still using the 2012 LG Mach.... its the most recent and highest specs physical keyboard ever released.... and the weenies at sprint cant figure out that they should make a new model with a keyboard.... even though they did a survey about it and 75% of their customers (us) have said they want a physical keyboard on their next smart phone.

maybe this phone can hold me over until the market gets in touch with the consumer....

If sprint doesn't release this phone soon, I wont be buying another Sprint phone ever.

Master

Exclusive, means AT&T will be THE ONLY ONE selling that phone.

Sprint or any other carrier will not sell it, no matter how much they might want to sell that phone, Samsung will not produce one for other carriers.

Also, I don't think you have seen the line up that Sprint has and compared it to other carriers. Sprint just like other carriers have the top phones on the market, and to add to that, some of Sprint versions of a certain phones, are truly world phones (can work with every band used out there).

And by the way... Sprint does not make phones, Samsung, LG, Apple, etc produces them.  75% of users want physical keyboard (not sure where you got that number) ? I think that might be the other way around.

Message was edited by: Dj_Damjano

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

If it is exclusive, then you will most likely have to wait about a year before Sprint sees it. However, you never know since AT&T markets it as the Active while Sprint marketed it as the Sport, which are two different phones. So while the Active is exclusive to AT&T, the Sport is not. But nothing has been announced yet.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

I would love to see that happen

but unfortunately i have not seen any indication on line for a sport version.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Im new to gg6 phones whats the diffrence in them? Very curious

Highlighted
Master

Samsung released several variants of the S6 line, you have the following,

Standard S6

S6 Edge

S6 Active or Sport (depending on carrier)

The first is their flagship phone the one most people hear about and buy. The second is their new version which has a wrap around screen along the longer edge of the phone. This allows little messages or notifications to be displayed and does some other things. The last is their ruggedized version, water proof, shock resistant, etc.. Basically, the one you would give to the person in your life that breaks phones all the time.

Here's some YouTube commercials on them.

S6 and S6 Edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viiGW3ENvdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD26Vs7VRK8

Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge Commercial 2 [HD] - YouTube

S6 Active

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Life Simulator | Commercial HD - YouTube

As for specs, the Active specs are a little different from it's siblings.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat