Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

9mmkungfu: Same here. Interesting that it's the third Phone app for both of us. (Maybe?) Other places I've read online seem to indicate it can be any of the three Phone apps or that it can be all three Phone apps but it's always that third Phone app that clearing the data does the trick for me. Maybe everyone else is the same way and they just don't say so. Something else that clears it for the same amount of time is updating the profile and/or PRL. Either or.

fireguy_6364: Quite frankly, I did not. I spent nearly two hours between phone calls to Sprint and Sprint chat yesterday without any resolution. Adding/deleting voicemail from my plan didn't work, doing a server refresh didn't work, refreshing voicemail didn't work, factory reset didn't work, etc, etc, etc. I'm not sure what more a community Sprint mod could do, and my level of frustration is too high right now to continue slamming my head against a brick wall. The Sprint tech support guy thought we had success yesterday but when I went in to record my voicemail greeting, BAM! There was that damned notification. At this point, I'm just going to bring it to a Sprint store that does repairs. I was harsher than I needed to be yesterday in this thread but I'm still far from happy with some of the "service" I received yesterday. It's far from what I've seen from Sprint in the several years I've been a customer. Oh well.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

one sec..i ran across something earlier that might fix that for you. let me see if i can find it again.

found it. might fix it for you or it might not..at this point all anyone can do is throw some hail Marries at it lol. it has to do with visual voice mail which you might or might not have activated.

Load it up. Go into menu/settings and make sure to unsubscribe. But scroll down a little further, and you'll see 'disable future free trials', that's the big one you want to hit. No more spam from visual voicemail,

there might be a chance that this is whats causing the notifications deal..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

CheeseKate2009 - Please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN and the best time frame and time zone to get in contact with you. If you are not comfortable with providing me with the PIN in the private message, that is understandable. However, I want you to know that I am here for you and I would like to assist you to the best of my abilities.

Thank you

Nicole
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted

9mmkungfu,

I'd like to take a look into this for you. I know how annoying this can be. Please send a private message with your phone number and the PIN/ Security Answer. Looking forward to assisting you.

Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

The resolution I posted did not work.  Error message came back.  No luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so sorry, this worked for me, until I had to restart my phone.  and IT CAME BACK.  I called and now they are saying no one has a resolution and I have to wait for a technical rep to research and call me back.  It's been over 48 hours and I'm still waiting. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this same problem.  After spending over an hour with Sprint chat I just gave up. No one could help me and I figured I would need to take the phone to a Sprint store.  Today, when I turned off/on my phone, the notification icon was gone.  Not sure how it happened but since it is gone I am not questioning it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, you have a new PM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there someone who can help the rest of us who are having this issue?  I've opened a ticket with technical associate at Sprint on 7/15-16 and still no response.  There has to be a solution. 

Journeyman

Just received call from Sprint Technical agent. (Ironic)  This is a know issue and they are working with Samsung for a solution.  Once available, we will receive an update to our phones.  ETA unknown.  Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what's another day when we've been waiting for 2+ weeks?  Good luck. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here-hope it's resolved soon....

Highlighted

FabNafNaf,

We're still in the process of providing a permanent resolution for this issue. I am happy to hear the notification icon is no longer displayed on your device. Please keep us updated.

Lavauna

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat