Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

Hi all, back with an update. Sorry it's been a few days, I've been having issues getting the Sprint Community to load for some reason. Crazy!

On Saturday, I went to a Sprint repair shop and worked with a service tech manager who tried every possible factory reset option she could think of as well as several other fixes. Unfortunately, none of them worked, I'm sad to say. In fact, I somehow missed a call from Sprint_NicoleM (thank you for reaching out and trying to help!) during all of this and I don't have the voicemail she left me and my phone won't notify me of that but it will notify me of the ghost voicemail that doesn't actually exist. Go figure.

Journeyman

So I thought the icon was gone but about 10 minutes later it came back. This us just crazy. Wish Sprint would work a bit harder to fix their mistakes

Highlighted

FabNafNaf,

Let’s see if we can solve this together.  What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve this issue? Have you called in to reset your voicemail? If not, please send a private message with your Sprint cell number, account PIN or the answer to the security question associated with the account.

Please click the "here" below to send a private message. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us. 

Lavauna

Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carolyn - were you able to find a solution for phantom vm? I have had this on S6 since the 5.1.1 and "fix" update.  I am losing my mind over the fact nobody has been able to help me.  Store told me "tough luck" deal with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We you able to find a solution to the phantom VM?  I really need someone to own this problem and help find a solution.  I have S6 and have exhausted every "fix" and still have the notification for a VM that isn't there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please Sprint, fix this.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint is aware of the voicemail notification problem you and others (including myself on my S6) have experienced. We have a fix that will go in here soon and when it does the voicemail indicator will be removed unless there is a message waiting.

After the fix for the notification has been pushed out to all phones, I will check back into this thread to make sure it resolved it for everyone.

Thank you for your patience

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to finally get a sprint care person to create a ticket re the VM issue after 2+ weeks of really poor customer service from various areas of Sprint support.   I have spent more than 4+ hours trying to get someone to listen and take responsibility to own my concern and help me find a solution.   I was told by the Sprint store tech "just deal with it".  I believe the issue will be resolved, unfortunately the larger issue will remain.  If a customer raises an issue, it should be recorded, reported and escalated much faster than 2+ weeks. It feels a great deal like being a child dismissed by a parent for complaining about something "silly".  I would be so impressed if a sprint customer care person escalated the underlying "care" problem but I will settle for getting rid of darn annoying VVM notification.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome news, RLCOLLECTOR68. Hopefully I will get the update soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the problem as well on my leased s6.  I was able to clear the notification temporarily by updating the phone's profile and by clearing all data on the phone app. It is not the voicemail app causing my issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was really excited this morning when I noticed that my phone had an update waiting to be installed.  30+ minutes of waiting for the update to download, update profile, preparing network and sprint services, multiple power down cycles..................and still this dang 3 New Voicemail notifications is here.   I thought my 3+ week wait was finally over.  So much for modern technology.  I bet my butt will learn not to go out and buy the latest phone when it comes out again.  I'll wait until all the bugs and fixes are worked out.  First not LTE and now this annoying msg.  Super frustrating. 

Highlighted
Master

Sgrnspic,

We understand how frustrating it is to have a device not working at its best. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Have you brought the device into your local Sprint store, so we can take a look at it? If you need help locating your local Sprint Store, please check out this link http://sprint.co/1F954to

Nia

Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat