cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Voicemail Notification Haunting Me

Is the voice mail issue related to the slow charging?  I also find my battery is running down much quicker.  This has all happened since the phone updated yesterday and it is very frustrating.

GrandMaster

nothing coincidental about them other than the update itself might have changed up some things in your phone or something might not have loaded right..start with a cache wipe of the phone (not a factory reset) and then run it for a day or so to see if its improved..if not then sadly you might have to do the FR to clear things up..just make sure to back it all up first.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

RTRAUT1111,

Have you taken the device to your local Sprint Store so we can take a look at? To locate a store in your area check out this link http://sprint.co/1F954to

Nia

Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Mine was doing the same thing, and after being told it'd be 1 1/2 hour wait at the Sprint store to look at it, I did some Googling. Here's what worked for me last night: Settings > Applications > Application Manager > All > Phone (I selected the largest of the 3 at 10.73MB) > Force Stop.

It cleared that annoying voicemail icon immediately, and it hasn't reappeared. Hope it helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really regret going with Sprint and with the Samsung Galaxy S6 the rep sold me on.  This voicemail thing keeps waking me up in the middle of the night, despite the fact that

1) I don't have any voicemail

2) I want absolutely NO voicemail notification.

The only way to stop it from notifying me is to turn the sound off.  Otherwise,  I get wonderful wake up tones at 2 AM, 5 AM, etc  How delightful.   .  If course, turning off the sound makes the phone really not that useful since then I miss calls. 

Funny thing too - those missed call people generally text after , not voicemail. So this voicemail notification that is ruling my phone is like the tail wagging the dog.  I didnt want ANY notifications but instead, my phone's prime directive is now to notify me about non-existent voicemail multiple times a day.

It is bad enough I let myself be talked into a phone without an SD slot - of course , the sprint rep misrepresented/lied about how long it would take to transfer all my data (they said 10-20 minutes, it took multiple hours)  . The coverage seems worse than with my old S4 , and I had forgotten how abysmal Sprint's coverage area is in many places in Central VA. 

Now this voicemail thing essentially taking over my phone is like salt in the wound.

Journeyman

I understand your frustration as I am at my wits end too. But if it's any comfort...it's not technically the phone - it's the software that doesn't work with the Visual VM that Sprint and Android have loaded.  It happened on my S4 too.  I don't want to talk about what I did to get rid of it because it violated my warranty at the time but it took them months and months to "fix" and I finally gave up and took matters into my own hands.  Hopefully, this time - a fix will be found sooner than later.    

Master

VOBGUY,

Allow is to take a look at the account. Please send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, and the best time to reach you. We are eager to assist.

Nia

Sprint Social Care

Sprint Product Ambassador

All,

The fix for the voicemail notification not going away after recent software update has been fixed. I have seen some replies already where the notification is gone on their phone...

If you still have the notification, I have some step below to help resolve....

1. Place the phone into CDMA mode by going to Settings >Mobile Networks >Network Mode. The phone will turn off and back on.
  2. If upon powering back up the notification doesn't disappear within 1 minute, please toggle airplane mode. Within 1 minute of disabling airplane mode, the MWI indicator will disappear from the phone.
  3. Once the MWI is removed from the phone, please place the phone back into "Automatic" or "LTE/CDMA' mode found under Settings >Mobile Networks >Network Mode.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

This worked on our edge S6 but not the standard S6. We have noticed the edge has been running hot and what was once great battery life is draining

CKZuber -  I would recommend bringing the device into the closest Sprint repair store. A repair tech may need to take a look at the device.

Kareem
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Would just like to chime in and add that the voicemail notification is gone from my phone as well now. Just disappeared randomly last week and hasn't returned through numerous reboots and testing strategies that previously caused it to return. Thanks for fixing it!

Hopefully those who are having other issues can get those fixed just as quickly, just as well.

Journeyman

An over the air update was pushed to my phone during an overnight maintenance window a few nights ago. My phone has not showed the bogus message waiting indicator since.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat