Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 - weak Signal and connectivity issues

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 - weak Signal and connectivity issues

I stay in Las Vegas (zip code: 89123). I moved to Sprint just 2 days back after 8 years with ATT. I bought Galaxy S6 and IPhone 6+. I am having so many connectivity issues with Galaxy S6 that I am repenting my decision to join Sprint. At the time of signing up, I was told that my area had the best Sprint service. I read that some bug fix was available in build # G920PVPU1AOE2 but when I try to do system update it throws server/network error. I am on the initial release build G920PVPU1AOCF. I went to Sprint store two times and spent several hours with Tech Support over phone but no help so far. In fact, one lady at the store was rude and was questioning me on buying S6. I feel like I have been cheated and repent my decision to leave ATT. I see that a number of other customers are also having the same issue and it has been going on for more than a month but no proper action has been taken for such a critical issue. Very poor customer service and experience. Most probably, I am going to be out of Sprint very soon provided they do not create hassles for me and trust me I will not have good experience to share with Internet community and my friends, who were interested in joining sprint.

Has anyone suffering from this issue been able to get a proper fix so far? What are you guys doing...returning the phone, canceling service or hoping to get a fix? Let me know....

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 - weak Signal and connectivity issues

Return it before your 14 days is up. That's what I did. If not you're going to be stuck with a phone that doesn't work.

Journeyman

Thank You for your response!! I hate returning this phone, especially due to its awesome camera. Is there any other android phone in the market that has comparable camera?

Wizard

KSharma - Thanks for reaching out with this issue. We are aware of the issue that some customers are having with regards to adding the latest updates to S6. Unfortunately, we have yet to update or database with a fix. I would like to get a look at your area. Can you please provide your cross streets. Also, is the other device on the account having any issues? As mentioned you are still with in your 14 day trail so moving to a different device is possible.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

My cross streets are Spencer and Ford (zip code 89123). Other device (Iphone 6 + works fine).

Wizard

KSharma - Thanks for providing your location info. I am seeing that there was a market wide voice outage that was affecting your area. This outage has been closed. I do notice that the tower that covers your area is having a bit of an issue as well. I will alert our techs. If your device is the only one experiencing issue in this area I cannot firmly place the blame on the network alone. I would advice exercising your 14 day exchange privilege and have the device exchanged for another to see if you have the same issue.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

I can personally say that the galaxy s6 isn't bad as far as service it has been shown by fcc to not be strongest for band 41 and 26 lte but that is transmission strength i think you should try a different handset as out of three of them two had great reception one has poor signal but if you are in a weak area the htc m9 is proven to be better than the m8 or galaxy s5 which both were great

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat