cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 weak signal

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 weak signal

I continue to experience poor connection issues with my Samsung Galaxy S6. My phones is constantly searching for GPS location when it has low signal. I get no service or 1x in my apartment. I live in Foster City CA. The cross street is Foster City Blvd and Bounty Dr. And I do have a Airave in my apartment. Most of my calls get dropped after a few seconds or the person can't hear me.

The software version I currently have installed - G920PVPU3CPF4

Hardware version - G920P.02

Android version - 6.0.1

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 weak signal

BigPop1234

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear you are having issues. If your phone is dropping calls it might not be connected to the Airave. What are the color of the lights of the Airave? Do you hear a beep when you try to make a call? Let us know so we can help you out.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

add on to Jeffs questions..are you also running wifi calling on that phone while the airave is there? and when you attempt to make a call or receive one while at home do you hear 3 beeps?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My Airwave is showing all green lights. I've tried resetting my Airave, no luck. I've even tried turning my Wi-Fi setting off, still little or no improvement. I've also tried switching my cell phone Network Mode from Automatic to CDMA. Can you provide me with the steps to assure my cell is connected to Airave.

Sprint Social Care

BigPop1234

If you hear three beeps when making a call that means that you are connected to the Airave. Do you hear three beeps when you make a call? Let us know so we can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do hear the three beeps, but it's sporadic. However, the weak signal issue is happening outside my home as well. I've tried changing the Network mode from Automatic to CDMA, but still experience very weak signal strength. I'm really getting frustrated with this phone. I've spent way too much time troubleshooting the ongoing signal problems. Samsung must realize there's a problem with this phone. I'm hoping they'll push out some sort of update to help eliminate the issues.

Sprint Social Care

BigPop1234

Understood! I would like to send a ticket to our Network Team so they can further assist you. Click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

if the beeps are sporadic while at home and in range of the airave then the issue can also be with the airave itself OR your home net since the airave runs off that. while at home and in range you should hear those beeps every time you use your phone to make a call or answer a call if im remembering right. now are you running wifi calling while at home by chance?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've tried calling with Wi-Fi on and off. I've tried resetting my Airave and router. In fact, I too thought it might have been a bad Airave and had Sprint sent me a new one.

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

wifi on...but do you also have wifi calling on? the S6 should also have wifi calling..if you have that turned on as well if im remembering right there was an issue between wifi calling and the airave..just make sure wifi calling is off..wifi itself can be on but make sure wifi calling is off then test again...depending on what all other devices you have in your home you might even try just unplugging the airave and running wifi calling instead to see if its better or not doing it that way.

Journeyman

With WiFi on and WiFi Calling off, I'm still experiencing poor performance. One maybe two bars at best. Often times when I recieve or make a call the person can barely hear me. BTW, the Airave I'm currently using is new. But as I said in one of my earlier post, my cell phone reception issue aren't just limited to my home. As I travel around the greater bay area, I'm often times seeing between 1 to 3 bars reception. I've even tried changing the Network Mode from Automatic to CDMA, which made little or no difference. The verdict is  still out. Everyone I ask about this sort of problem, says it's a Sprint tower issue. While the other half of folks believes it a problem with my phone. Either way, I'm just hoping to resolve the issue soon.

Rich

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat