cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts do not go through to another user on my account when I'm connected to wifi, but no problem texting people

Journeyman

Texts do not go through to another user on my account when I'm connected to wifi, but no problem texting people

When I am connected to wireless, my texts on my S6 always fail to my husband, who shares my account. I can text other people no problem, people with sprint and other carriers. So I have to use google hangouts if I'm on wifi to text my husband. If I'm not connected to wifi I can text him. This is annoying. Customer service/tech supervisor told me it was a problem with the wifi and sprint couldn't do anything. But this was never a problem on my old model galaxy, just started happening a couple weeks after I activated the new S6. Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Texts do not go through to another user on my account when I'm connected to wifi, but no problem texting people

Please people keep complaining as this poor quality of service is unacceptable. Sprint do something before a majority of your long time customers jump ship!

To go through this no "network available" issue when attempting to text and/or make a phone call is difficult enough but to come on your forum and find out the issue has been happening with so many others and over the period of weeks is simply unacceptable and a breach of contract.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Texts do not go through to another user on my account when I'm connected to wifi, but no problem texting people

Hi, I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with texting. I'm curious if the majority of your failed texts are MMS; i.e. group texts (which convert to MMS automatically) or picture texts (which are all MMS). I have seen an issue with MMS messages failing on WiFi and almost always go through when WiFi is disabled and Sprint data is the main data path.

Do you ALSO have issues sending text-only text messages when connected to WiFi?

Do you have issues sending text messages connected to any other WiFi other than home; e.g. Starbucks?

Let me know with a reply to this post. Thanks for being a Sprint customer.

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat