cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one or two bar signal

Highlighted
Journeyman

one or two bar signal

I just purchased two Samsung Galaxy s6's yesterday. The issue I am having is that we are getting no more then one or two bars. I have updated both phones with updates and updated profile and prl, no luck. Plz help

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: one or two bar signal

Nikki0816, I'm sorry for the delayed response but we'd like to look into this for you.  Besides the low signal bars, do you also drop calls or have trouble accessing the internet?  Is it happening everywhere or just in one location?  Let us know so we can look into it more deeply.

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

I have the one or two bars almost every where i go. My phones is contantly searching for gps location when it has low signal. I havnt dropped any calls but have trouble sending text messages. The messsges seem to fail when i have one bar.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Thanks for that.  Please understand that when you're not physically using the phone, just looking at it, bars aren't necessarily indicative of quality of service.  Take a look at Ninja_CJ's post here for more info: https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/987938#987938  Now, dropped data signal (like buffering when you're watching a video or listening to music), error messages, etc. when you're trying to use data, that's different and we should definitely look into the area and possibly the phone.

Can you give me cross streets and zip code for a location where you've gotten a failed text error?  Also, what's the error message, if you can remember.

Christy
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

I dropped a couple calls in areas that i previously had no problems. That was fixed as far as I know in that last update. My main concern is the weak signal. I had more 4g with my 2 and a half year old note 2 than i do with this s6!I've done all the prl and profile updates you can do with no help.

Journeyman

Funny I just looked up my address on the sprint coverage map. It shows that i now live in a spark area. Still outside with this s6 I only get 4g maybe 50% of the time!before with my note 2 4g all the time outside and occasionally inside my house as well? I am stuck with this phone for now so I hope they are working on a fix for the poor signal.

Journeyman

I have very similar issues. Now with my Galaxy S6 Edge I barely get 1 bar of service in areas where I use to get full bars all the time. When this happens calls drop, data speeds are painfully slow etc. I've called and complained to Sprint customer care, but the truth is they don't care. I pay a premium price for HORRIBLE service and I thinking of bringing my phones to Tmobile and switching since sprint won't do anything to resolve this issue. I live in the Queens New York area and this happens in quite a few locations here, so I can even pinpoint it to just 1 spot.

Journeyman

What is wrong with your coverage in Hemet/San Jacinto!! I get one or two bars LTE and that is slow as can be!! I pay $200 a month and I get that or 3G or X1 what ever that is. That means NO DATA?!?! I need reliable data for my business. I'm on the road in the inland empire and can't get decent data speeds to go on the internet or to play POKÉMON Go!! You told people on this Facebook page in AUGUST 2016 that you will fix this in a couple of months. It's almost August 2017!!! You guys claim you have the best coverage. I might just take my 4 phone back to AT&T or Verizon!! I switched to you to get a better deal but it was the worst thing I done with cell service. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX THIS!!!! PM ME!! Refund my money!! Fix the  problem. I pay full price and get half service!!!!

Sprint Social Care

MexiCam3, we're sorry for the service issues you are experiencing. We understand how important having a reliable service is and we'd hate to see you leave. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look into this issue and find the solution. I sent you a Private Message for further assistance. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat