cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card locked please power cycle the device

Sprint Social Care

Re: sim card locked please power cycle the device

Hey Mj60Weathers, please reply to the private message that was sent to you by Sprint_Ciara.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I reply to Chat a yesterday. I answered saying that I believed the Tab A was fully activated until I received error messages regarding the Hand Free Activation. I asked, how can I know that the activation fully completed.
Sprint Social Care

In order for us to check into that, we'll have to take a look at your account. Please reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How can I know my Tab A is fully activated?  The troubles I'm having now is that I keep getting a message saying the Hands Free Activation is not complete.  I'm also getting an Invalid SIM card and that the SIM card is locked. 

When I got the tablet, thare was a ICCID # and INKNOWN is now showing for phone number.  These numbers doesn't show any more.

Sprint Social Care

We understand what exactly is going on but we need your security information in order for us to access your account. On the right side of the website, at the top, you'll see an icon with an envelope, click on it so that you can go to your private messages.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am a little late jumping in on this one but I have been getting the same error message as the OP on my Fairphone 2. I have used it internationally in both Canada and Germany with this message poping up every 10-45 minutes. Please let me know what I can do to fix the issue.

Wizard

Hi Matthew3957. Do you receive this message while using a Sprint SIM card?

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Joel

Hi Joel. Yes, I only receive the error with my Sprint SIM. I am currently on the global roaming plan. I do not have the problem on my iPhone, but no other SIMs have problems on my fairphone. 

Journeyman

Thanks for replying to us Matthew3957! I know what the problem is and we would like to explain you what is going on. The make and model of the device that you mentioned above is not supported by Sprint, meaning that it won't work with the Sprint Network. Sprint does not support some devices and your device is not on the eligible list, due to some limitations that make them not compatible. You can find more information regarding this matter by visiting http://sprint.co/2u8qiok .

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Mira.

So there's no point in trying to make Sprint work with the device or way I can do this? 

Sprint Social Care

Unfortunately, since the device is not compatible with the Sprint network, we will not be able to have it activated. If you have one of the eligible devices under our Bring Your Phone program, we can try to activate it. You'll find a full list of eligible devices in the link Mira provided above.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue as above and was wondering if you could help

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat