cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking samsung s6...why does sprint make it so hard

Highlighted
Journeyman

unlocking samsung s6...why does sprint make it so hard

Sprint is truly the epitome of the worst ex girlfriend who does not want to let go of a failing relationship.  I have been a sprint customer since 1999 and despite paying my bill on time for last 18 years and sticking with this company it is making it so hard for me to leave and keep my Samsung Galaxy S6.  I called to inquire about what fees I would incur if I canceled my services on January 30.  I was told that I would have to pay $360 to terminate my service plan, which I was okay with because T-Mobile was going to pay the termination fees.  I have been going back and forth trying to unlock the phone and have been told that I need to pay the fees. But paying the fees isn't the issue.  I would pay it today, but Sprint is telling me that: 1. I have to pay for the entire february charges (bill cycle ends on the 27th of the month and bill is on the 20th of the month) not a pro-rated charge even though I have not using the service and my number is already ported to T-Mobile; 2. the early termination fees wont be charged to my account until Feb. 27th and they will not speed this process up leaving me without a phone to use; and 3. my phone won't be eligible to be unlocked until March 3rd. 

What kind of nonsense is this?!  I am willing to pay you the fees and end this relationship, but Sprint is unwilling to charge me.  What?!  The crazy part about all of this is that it took literally a week of constantly calling Sprint to finally get this information.  I was told that if I pay the phone will be unlocked and I kept calling to pay until finally I was told that the charges are pending and wont be placed on my account until the end of the month.  Now if this was explained to me from the beginning, don't you think I would have simply waited until the end of February to do this so that I would only be inconvenienced for a short period of time.  But no, Sprint wants to make your decision to leave them and pay less money the worst decision you ever made in your life.  And that is simply not right.  What if in a couple years I want to leave T-Mobile and return to Sprint.  I will never do that...why because of this crazy process.  

Has anyone gone through this process and found an easier way to get rid of Sprint and unlock their device without having to jump through all kinds of crazy hoops?!  Please help me if you can!!!!

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: unlocking samsung s6...why does sprint make it so hard

Hello okechi85, thank you for being a loyal customer since 1999. Please accept our apologies for the customer service experience. Allow us the opportunity to look into this and assist you.

I set you a private message, please reply to it when you get a chance.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: unlocking samsung s6...why does sprint make it so hard

I am having the SAME EXACT problem.  The phone is paid for everything is paid for why in the world do i keep getting the run around?!!!!!! I want my S6 unlocked for domestic gsm use and I know it can be done so PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat