ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my WiFi broadcast frequency?

Journeyman

How do I change my WiFi broadcast frequency?

My U-verse gateway broadcasts WiFi on two different frequencies, 2.4 GHz and 5.0GHz.  The faster 802.11ac is only supported on the 5.0GHz frequency.My Galaxy S6 Edge is transmitting on the 2.4GHz frequency, so it maxes out at 802.11n.  How do I change the WiFi broadcast frequency to 5.0GHz to take advantage of 802.11ac?

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: How do I change my WiFi broadcast frequency?

settings-wifi-advanced wifi settings.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I went to Settings --> WiFi.  There was no "Advanced Settings" from there.  I had to choose the WiFi network I was on.  Select "More".  Then Select "Advanced".  From there I could not choose anything about broadcast frequency.   I could change the Security, DHCP and Proxy.  That is all.

GrandMaster

when you turn on your wifi in the area where it usually shows all the wifi connections around you are there not 3 dots towards the top right or 3 lines anywhere in there? i dont have a Sammy phone anywhere near me so i cant check myself. unless its something missing on the S6 Edge. through my HTC M9 i do the above steps and im looking at

keep wifi on durring sleep

wifi frequency band<<<~~~

install certificates

wifi optimization

auto switch to mobile network

hotspot sign in

mac address

ip address

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Your HTC must be different from my S6 Edge.  Either the Android or the manufacturer modifications.

I go to Settings --> Wifi and i see a list of the Wifi connections available.  i select the one I am on.  Then I see "More" in the upper-left hand corner.  choose More -- > Advanced and I see the advanced settings.  The ones I have available are:

Network Notification

Passpoint

Keep WiFi on during sleep

Always allow scanning

Install network certificates

MAC address

IP address

There is no option to change WiFi frequency band.

GrandMaster

you dont select any of the possible connections. the option for the advanced settings should be in that menu area though. actually mind taking a screen shot of what you see on your end and posting it in here please? so were both on the same page. just make sure to blank out anything that might contain personal info etc.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat