Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else's GS6 edge is doing the same thing?

Journeyman

Is anyone else's GS6 edge is doing the same thing?

My Gs6 won't update for some reason it keeps on saying "Unable to update the software.  A network or server error occurred.  Try again later." I was just trying to get the update for the Samsung pay but i'm stuck with that unpleasant message. I even called sprint multiple times and they couldn't do anything about it either. Quite unhappy.  If anyone know how to resolve it please help? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Is anyone else's GS6 edge is doing the same thing?

this is through the google play store or some other route? i have  the HTC One M9 and the HTC pay is through the play store on my end. if its through there then you'll need to scroll to the bottom and send the dev a message. you'll more than likely need to contact Samsung themselves to get this one figured out..its an issue on their end not sprints.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, Its when i'm trying to UPDATE the phone software it has nothing to do with the google play. Google play is concerned with app updates. And it is sprints issue since its their network the device is perfectly fine.

Thank you.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its their network but NOT their phone. if you are trying to update over LTE or 3G then yes possibly..but if youre trying to update over wifi then the fault lies with the device itself..the update isnt pushed by the carrier..its pushed by the manufacturer of the phone..in this case Samsung. also the moderator that posted that spoofed up the completion date..its usually 1-2 weeks after the initial release. you can also try updating through Kies which is through Samsung.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat