Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Services on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Patron

LTE Services on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you is having a problem with the data connection of the S6 Edge. I recently received my new phone and activated it that same day. I started seeing that the signal for LTE or even 3G were very low. I searched my coverage and it turns out that where I live there is this new service from sprint called Spark which my phone has and it's suppose to maximize the signal, but the signal has always been low in or out of the house. When I open apps it takes a good 15 minutes (w/o exaggeration) to see the content in that app. Do yo guys know of any solution to this problem? I have to add, I have also tried to update my PRL and profile and got a system update yesterday but it didn't work either. Please let me know if you guys can help me out. Thanks for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Call custoner service and tell them that your signal is bad in your home and ask for the airave booster. It is free and it works through your internet connection.

Journeyman

I am having similar problems with my Galaxy S6 but it is not in my home (where I'm almost always connected to Wi-Fi). I went to the nearest Sprint store and asked and they told me that the network is overloaded right now due to all the new phones. They said it should settle down in a few days.

Journeyman

I'm in Chicago and have a S6 edge.  I've noticed very poor signals on LTE near my house and downtown compared to my Nexus 5.  I'm wondering if it's the radio firmware and something that can be fixed.

Journeyman

I can confirm S6 edge has worse reception than the S5. I upgraded from the S5 and service is not as good as it was with the S5.

I really only notice the difference in areas where I would barely get data service with my S5. I don't get service in these areas with my S6 edge.

Maybe Samsung decided to go cheap with the attenna quality in this one. Hopefully just a firmware fix.

I wouldn't buy that "network overload" response from the Sprint store. Other phones that have spark, work the same as they did before the launch of the S6.

Journeyman

Since my previous S4 wasn't on Spark, I wasn't sure. I do see a minor improvement after a few days, so Network overload had something to do with it but only a very minor part, but my first and continued thought was bad antenna (not just on the S6 Edge, but on the regular one, too)

Journeyman

I am also having this exact same issue with the S6 verses my S4 which did great for me everywhere. I really hope this gets fixed because my 14 day trial is quickly running out, and I can't have a phone that won't connect for data like it's supposed to (at least as well as my S4 but it should be better) and constantly dropping calls and not letting texts go through. How disappointing.

Journeyman

I've noticed the same problem since upgrading from the Galaxy S4 to the S6 Edge.  I have spoken with both Sprint and Samsung.  Neither will contend that this is a known issue.

I cannot open certain apps and I am generally limited to 1 bar or no bars on the LTE network.  I've tried troubleshooting with both companies and nothing has resolved the issue. 

It's extremely disappointing for such an anticipated phone.  I don't buy the network overload because of all the new phones. The new phones will still be there in a couple of days, so I don't know how they think the situation would be resolved.

Journeyman

Have had connection problema in chicago on s6. Finally resolved! The fix: disable the connections optimizer

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat