cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving the same text messages multiple times on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Journeyman

Receiving the same text messages multiple times on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

3/8/17:  Over the past few days or so, I have noticed that text messages are coming in to my phone multiple times (for the same message, over and over again).  This also happens when I use speech to text to send a text so that has become totally useless for me now.  From the forum archives, it sounds like this is a known issue on the Sprint network but does anyone have a workaround or know more information about the problem and a solution?  This is very annoying!

Thanks.

Donna

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Receiving the same text messages multiple times on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

stock texting app or one you downloaded from the play store? are you using Google Voice by chance? are you connected to wifi calling when this happens and if not does it happen when you connect to wifi calling? what all have you attempted so far on your side?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hi, thank you for your reply.  I am using the stock text app, not one that I downloaded or is considered third party.  How do I know if it's using Google Voice?  I just tap the microphone to talk when in a text message.  Is this S Voice?  I am not using wi-fi calling.  I have restarted my phone to see if that helps but it has not.  This is definitely a new problem for me.  Any ideas/suggestions for what to try is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

GrandMaster

at times using a different texting app can resolve this since it might end up being a app issue. if you need any recommendations on texting apps to try i can toss a couple in. if you dont know if you are signed into Google voice then its pretty safe to say youre not using it. you actually have to sign up for it. you can try updating your profile through your settings to see if that helps. it will refresh your connections to the network. try connecting to wifi calling then see if the duplicates still continue. is this mainly happening while youre at a certain location or does it happen no matter where youre at? home? work? out and about?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for your suggestions.  The multiple messages have occurred whether I am on wifi or not, but interestingly I have now had a few instances where the message I spoke in to my phone has come up only one time instead of multiple.  Not sure why it's now intermittent.  And, a user on AT&T told me they had the same issue, so I am starting to wonder if it's a Samsung problem (originally I thought it could be a Sprint issue).  I am interested in recommendations on other texting apps to see if that resolves the problem. 

Thanks again!

GrandMaster

the 3 main known texting apps i usually recommend are Handcent, GoSMS and Textra..i have used Handcent before and it worked great for me along with tons of great options..i have heard great things about the other 2 as well. give me a sec. going to check Verizon real quick with their S6 and S6 Edge to see if this is being seen there as well. im not seeing anything popping up over there for duplicate text messages. for now try one of those texting apps..if it works that will be your work around for now at least..keep an eye out for any updates for the stock texting app in case its a fix. if it doesnt work you can uninstall the secondary texting app since its not app related and we can try to move onto something else from there.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat