cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Edge Android 6.0 Update & Issues with the camera

Highlighted
Journeyman

S6 Edge Android 6.0 Update & Issues with the camera

I just heard that the US unlocked version of the S6/S6 edge received the Marshmallow Update from Samsung and I was wondering what is the ETA for it for the sprint version?

I have also started to encounter issues with the camera, every time I open the app the camera makes a weird motor noise and the phone vibrates, I went online and found out it appears to be due to a faulty OIS motor and my question is that if I make a warranty claim will Samsung give me a refurbished phone or will they replace my camera sensor?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: S6 Edge Android 6.0 Update & Issues with the camera

you would need to contact Samsung on the camera deal. as for the update once its ready to be pushed it'll be announced in here that day. the way they work is the manufacturer gets the update from Google and does their testing and tweeking for each device that'll be getting it..once their testing is done its kicked to the carrier to do additional testing to make sure its not going to bork up the phone..once they give the ok its kicked back to the manufacturer to be released. until then its basically up in the air as to when it'll be released.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat