cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Auto Rotate broken - Official Response?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - Auto Rotate broken - Official Response?

Hi, new owner of a S6 Edge, received and activated a week ago. As of Monday, the screen no longer auto-rotates. Numerous web searches are stating that this is a confirmed issue with these new phones and hundreds if not thousands of owners are reporting this problem. All resets and troubleshooting methods fail as it appears to be a hardware problem. The theory is that it could be the fast charger over-heating the accelerometer chip, but Samsung has not pushed out an official statement on the cause.

My question is, can I get this phone replaced right now or do I need to wait for a software update from Samsung? If it's a hardware issue and I have to send in the phone, am I going to get a brand new replacement, or receive an expensive refurbished phone??

Attached is a screen shot of the sensor test. You will see that the Y: axis is stuck at 32767.

Thanks for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

To All - Thanks for reaching out with this issue. I would advise taking the device to a service location. If the device cannot be fixed we should replace the phone. I hope this info helps.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

mine quit rotating as well, any update on this

Highlighted
Wizard

To All - Thanks for reaching out with this issue. I would advise taking the device to a service location. If the device cannot be fixed we should replace the phone. I hope this info helps.

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took my phone into a Sprint Store on Saturday and had it exchanged within the 14 days. The employee who helped me claimed that they have had a lot of people coming in with this issue and was at first reluctant to swap it out.She claimed that Samsung would release a fix. I didn't take my chances and exchanged it regardless.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat