cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - More Than a Pretty Face: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

When you look at the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, it is easy to fall in love with it, as it is truly one of the sexiest smart devices to date. When I first saw it, I instantly fell head over heels, with its glass front, back and curved sides, it exudes class, style, and finesse. However, you might ask yourself… “What is with this Edge?” “Does it offer any added functionality or is it just a pretty face?” I am happy to report that Edge of the Galaxy S6 Edge does actually offer helpful functionality and is more than just a pretty face.

gs6e1.png

So let’s get into the Edge functionality of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge…

People Edge

Samsung has created something called “People Edge,” which you can access by dragging the top area of the edge screen outwards. When you do this, you can access up to five of your favorite people, circled by different colors. Tap on the circle to see the different options regarding communicating with your people. You may also receive alerts if there are notifications from your people when you pick up your phone.

peopleedge.png

Edge Lighting

This is pretty cool. Edge Lighting enables your Edge screen to light up when you receive calls or notifications while the phone is turned over. If you have People Edge enabled, the color of the Edge screen will light up with the appropriate matching color (if one of those five people were contacting you). 

EdgeLighting2.png

Quick Reply

Quick Reply enables you to reject an incoming call and send a preset message to the caller by placing your finger on the heart rate sensor and holding it in place for 2 seconds while the device is turned over. This comes in handy, especially when in a meeting. Quick Reply can be enabled in the Edge Lighting section of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

QuickReply.png

Edge Notifications

You have the ability to enable Edge notifications to appear for missed calls, messages, and emails.

Notifications.png

Information Stream

The Information Stream shows you information based upon your selections. You can have it show different news feeds, such as…

• Briefing Feed (customize with apps you’d like to receive notifications about)
  • Twitter Trends
  • Yahoo! Finance (customize with stocks that you follow)
  • Yahoo! Sports (customize with your favorite teams)
  • News
  • Edge RSS (customized with whatever RSS feeds you please)
  • and more

To view the information stream, simply swipe your finger along the Edge screen and back in one quick motion while the main screen it turned off.

Night Clock

Also on the Edge screen is the “Night Clock” that you can enable. I have mine set to come on at 9 PM and turn off at 7 AM. I really enjoy having my device lay on my nightstand beside me displaying the Night Clock. It is a useful and cool feature.

NightClock.png

Edge Position

Another neat feature is having the ability to choose which side of the device you’d like to see your Edge screen… left or right.

EdgeScreenPosition.png

I am a huge fan of the Edge screen and hope to see this functionality built into future devices. Samsung has done a nice job with Edge screen functionality, and I believe that this is just the beginning and we’ll see further Edge screen uses in the near future.

Be sure to check out my next post on how to customize the Information Stream of the Galaxy S6 Edge.

The Galaxy S6 Edge is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.