cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Wifi Calling not available

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Wifi Calling not available

Anyone else have this issue?  Wifi Calling is not showing up in settings.  I can go search All Apps and can find Wifi Calling there, but there is no way to configure it.  I know it doesn't work either because I've gone into airplane mode and enabled wifi.  Then when I try to make a call I get the "you are in airplane mode" and I need to enable the phone network again.  I've called Sprint and taken it to a corporate sprint store and they could not get the setting to show up.  As a final resort I'm exchanging phones today and hopefully that will give me that setting.

I've searched and it seems no one else has seen this issue.  Am I all alone in this?

13 REPLIES 13
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Wifi Calling not available

Hope this got resolved today, I have WiFi calling listed as the first option under the "connections" section of the settings menu and didn't have any issues activating the feature.  I placed a test call and it it worked well, if you continue to have the issue don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,

Scott

Journeyman

I did, but I had to have the phone switched out.  It was a major pain in the butt though.  I went to three different Sprint stores (corporate) and was one the phone with sprint for about 1 hour.  Even when the tech on the phone said the phone was defective (the tech must not have written any notes on my account), every worker at the store thought they could fix it.  Then they tried to charge my a restocking fee, which the tech on the phone said I would not have to, and I didn't.  It was a terrible experience.  In my 12 (yes 12!) years of being with Sprint, this was the worst.  Thankfully, it's only happened once.

Journeyman

Well, you're officially not alone in this.  I'm having the same problem.  Additionally, I also have issues attempting to update the firmware.  It can't seem to connect to the server.  I've tried multiple networks and it fails to connect.  I've managed to update from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 using Samsung Smart Switch via a PC.  I thought this was why the wifi calling wasn't showing.  However, after successfully installing the update, wifi calling is still not an option.

Journeyman

Same issue here, WiFi calling is not installed on my phone.

GrandMaster

its not installed or not activated on your device? your phone was purchased from Sprint correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't know about "installed" vs "not activated"...however, I have two Galaxy S6 phones, both provided by Sprint.  On one, the wi-fi calling is there along with everything else I would expect to be there.  On the other one, Wi-fi Calling, Hotspot, Data roaming, and Tethering were ALL missing.  There may have been other items as well, but those are the ones that I knew of.  After some troubleshooting with Sprint, they ended up resetting the phone back to defaults.  That is to say that they had me wiped it clean and reinstall the OS and set it up again. After that, I then had all of those missing items EXCEPT for Wi-fi Calling.  Sprint could not help me after that.  I can't understand why one S6 would have it and another one would not, especially as they were both sent to me by Sprint.

GrandMaster

hmm..pull up the google play store and search out apps made by Samsung..there was one they came out with that brought back missing apps like SprintZone and a few others..wonder if this would fix your issue. for the life of me i cant remember what it was called.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't have the option to select wifi calling? It's just not there. Can you help?
Journeyman

Ok. I shall try that. Thanks.
Journeyman

Hmm. Strange? Thanks anyway.
Journeyman

Thank you Scott.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat