My phone recently updated to the latest software last week, and since then I've had some issues with my phone. I noticed that after a certain amount of time (we'll say 2 hours), my notifications stop working - meaning, the noises stop coming through and it either stays silent or vibrates. It happens with any application - phone calls, text messages and other apps (facebook, twitter, etc...). The only way I have been able to remedy this issue is to restart my device, and it solves the problem, until it happens again. I've been getting pretty frustrated, because I have missed a couple of important calls, because my phone decides to keep everything silent or vibrate. Are there any known issues like this since the update? Anyone know of any fixes or solutions to this? Anything helps! Thank you!
How do I do the partition/cache wipe?
Also, it happens while I'm out as well. In fact it happened yesterday while I was out running errands.
Hey, follow the steps below so you can do the partition/cache wipe:
1. Turn off your Galaxy S6.
2. Press and hold Power, Volume Up and the Home button.
3. You'll see a blue screen with the Android on it, then you'll be taken to the recovery menu.
4. Use the volume buttons to scroll and highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Power to confirm.
5. You'll see a message in yellow at the bottom of the screen when the process is complete.
6. Highlight Reboot System Now and press Power to confirm.
7. Your Galaxy S6 will reboot and recompile all of your apps. It might take a little while to re-cache them all, but once it is done you should have a Galaxy S6 running as smooth as can be.
Let us know how it goes.
Sprint Social Care
So the partition didn't work, and I've noticed that the problem has been getting worse - happening more often. I'm afraid I'll have to reset my phone. It's just frustrating, because it only happened after the nougat update.
asap1082, Since the partition did not work, you can try doing a master reset, if you are worried about the information stored on your device, you may perform a backup first. For instructions on how to perform the master reset @ http://sprint.co/1UCm1Au