cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung - Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925P) - G925PVPU4DQC7. Bug fixes as well as Nougat

GrandMaster

Samsung - Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925P) - G925PVPU4DQC7. Bug fixes as well as Nougat

Samsung - Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925P) Software Version: G925PVPU4DQC7 Release Date: 4/12/2017 Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool. Includes bug fixes as well as Nougat.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Samsung - Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925P) - G925PVPU4DQC7. Bug fixes as well as Nougat

My phone recently updated to the latest software last week, and since then I've had some issues with my phone.  I noticed that after a certain amount of time (we'll say 2 hours), my notifications stop working - meaning, the noises stop coming through and it either stays silent or vibrates.  It happens with any application - phone calls, text messages and other apps (facebook, twitter, etc...).  The only way I have been able to remedy this issue is to restart my device, and it solves the problem, until it happens again.  I've been getting pretty frustrated, because I have missed a couple of important calls, because my phone decides to keep everything silent or vibrate.  Are there any known issues like this since the update?  Anyone know of any fixes or solutions to this?  Anything helps!  Thank you!

GrandMaster

Re: Samsung - Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925P) - G925PVPU4DQC7. Bug fixes as well as Nougat

start with a cache/partition wipe on the device..this more often than not fixes a lot of the smaller issues that pop up after an update..if that doesnt work you will want to boot your phone into safe mode to see if possibly a 3rd party app is conflicting in there somewhere..if it still happens while running it in safe mode the only option you have left is to back it up and perform a factory reset..which should always be the last resort..before jumping to the FR run through the other 2 options and post back with the results
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also you might jump into your smart settings and make sure the phone itself isnt switching to Do Not Disturb mode or something on you..forgot to ask..does this happen only at one location or even while your out and about?
Journeyman

How do I do the partition/cache wipe? 

Also, it happens while I'm out as well.  In fact it happened yesterday while I was out running errands.  

Sprint Social Care

Hey, follow the steps below so you can do the partition/cache wipe:

1. Turn off your Galaxy S6.

2. Press and hold Power, Volume Up and the Home button.

3. You'll see a blue screen with the Android on it, then you'll be taken to the recovery menu.

4. Use the volume buttons to scroll and highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Power to confirm.

5. You'll see a message in yellow at the bottom of the screen when the process is complete.

6. Highlight Reboot System Now and press Power to confirm.

7. Your Galaxy S6 will reboot and recompile all of your apps. It might take a little while to re-cache them all, but once it is done you should have a Galaxy S6 running as smooth as can be.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So the partition didn't work, and I've noticed that the problem has been getting worse - happening more often.  I'm afraid I'll have to reset my phone.  It's just frustrating, because it only happened after the nougat update.  

Master

asap1082, Since the partition did not work, you can try doing a master reset, if you are worried about the information stored on your device, you may perform a backup first. For instructions on how to perform the master reset @ http://sprint.co/1UCm1Au

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat