cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Motions and gestures

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes with a few motions and gestures to assist you with managing your device without having to follow through a lot of the functions many are used to manage basic functions such as alerts and accepting calls.

Screenshot_2015-06-14-21-08-23.png

Under Settings/device you can manage these features under the device options.

Here are some of the available options.

Direct Call:

Can be used when one has call, message or the details of a contact on the screen. Once the phone is brought to your ear. The phone will begin to dial the number that is associated with the contact.

Screenshot_2015-06-14-21-14-46.png

Smart Alert:

Is great for you to be notified if you have a message when you pick up your phone. This will also notify you about calls as well. Smart Alert also manages the Edge screen notifications for email, missed call and messages.

Screenshot_2015-06-14-21-18-59.png

Mute:

One of my favorite motions is the mute function. If I am in a business meeting while a call is coming in. I can simply place my hand on the screen to mute my device. You can also use this same method to mute an alarm as well as an option to turn the device over to mute the device as well.

Screenshot_2015-06-14-21-23-45.pngScreenshot_2015-06-14-21-23-33.png

Palm swipe to capture:

The days of holding the power key and volume rocker down simultaneously to take a screen shot has been enhanced by a simple swipe of your hand. Once the feature is turned on you just swipe the side of your palm from one edge of the phone to the opposite side.

Screenshot_2015-06-14-21-23-20.png

All photos on this blog were captured by this method.

Overall, I use Smart Alert and Palm swipe and these two features seem to meet my daily.

Which one is your favorite Motion or Gesture?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee