cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Galax S6/S6 Edge Finger Print Scanner For The Win

Journeyman

So I have a confession to make. Ever since Apple introduced the finger print scanner on the iPhone I was always a little jealous. I am not an iFan, I most certainly prefer the openness and customization's offered by Google and Android; not to mention the wide selection of awesome devices from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and etc...

So when I found out that Samsung, starting with the Note 4, was adding this technology into their devices I got a bit giddy. Now after using it on the S6 Edge I wonder to myself, how will I ever unlock my phone without it!

The process is simple, and bit time consuming. Upon setup you are offered to set it up right then and there...however you can always go to settings->lock screen and security->fingerprints and complete this or even edit things....but more on that in a bit.

galaxys6officialhomebuttonjpg-1.jpgsamsung-galaxy-s6-34-710x399.jpg

So you are asked to place your thumb/finger multiple times on the sensor, I suggest - as does the phone - placing your finger little by little at different areas. This will help the phone scan and capture a more complete and larger fingerprint. After about a minute or so you will then be asked to setup a backup password, incase you are unable to scan your device, or it doesn't scan. With that you are done! Now you can unlock your phone via finger

print.

(Photo's from iPhoneHacks.com (love the irony!) and AndroidAuthority.com)

atg4e.jpg

Head over to the settings described above and you can enable your fingerprint to also sign-in via the web and/or verify your Samsung account. In addition you can add additional fingerprints to your unlock profile...Use this to add your opposite thumb/finger. Add a spouses finger (or not). This added feature really enhances the overall experience because if your right hand (I'm right handed) is holding your child (as my usually is) you can still unlock your phone without having to wake said child by shifting him/her.

To good to be true? No not at all, this security feature is bagofchips.jpg!!!!!!!!!!

But here are a few tips/tricks I have for ya:

• For best results use a dry/clean from debris finger. I've only experienced issues after washing my hands and gardening, so a clean/dry finger is best
  • Alter your finger's position to ensure a larger, more complete scan during setup
  • Do not hesitate to add in fingerprints of the SAME finger
  • You do not have to always place your finger perfectly on the scanner...if you took the above advice you can do it upside down, sideways and the like. This really improves the experience as you do not have to put any thought into the whole process.

What are some tips/tricks you've come across?

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

2 Comments