cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Galaxy S6 Edge, If The Next Big Thing is NOW, What's Next?

Journeyman

The S6 Edge was coined as the "Next Big Thing." Well congratulations Samsung, you didn't disappoint.

giphy.gif

But now you have a problem, what the heck do you do next? Sure it's easy to say: improve battery life, take more advantage of the Edge technology or incorporate a tougher more accidental drop friendly glass screen, but those are things "Other Manufactures" would do.

No you are Samsung, you have a knack for and then busting through like a wrecking ball.

Bet you expecting some other pic there weren't ya?

I mean if you look at where the Galaxy line started (I say the Epic Touch, which is technically the SG2, but that's merely schematics) you can see the insane progress. The device line continues to lose weight and waist, the picture and camera/video capturing specs consistently push the industry standards to new standards. The CPU/RAM/ROM are growing exponentially making the device snappier and more fluid. The innovative evolution of the Galaxy Note and the Edge technologies have yet to be replicated, and I will be shocked if they are ever on the same level when others do inevitably duplicate them.

Honestly a few years ago people associated Verizon's Motorola Droid series with Android.

"What phone do you have?"

"A 'Droid'."

"No I'm sorry that's actually an HTC EVO (or insert any other Android OS device.) You probably mean 'ANDROID,' which would refer to the OS. Droid is a Device Model"

Now Samsung Galaxy's are the thing.

"So what do you prefer, iOS or Android?"

"Neither I have a Galaxy."

"So, I'll put you down as an Android user then?"

Will anyone every get this darn OS/Device Model thing down?

So what's the "The Next Bigger/Bestest Thing?" Now that you have raised the bar yet again.

Turbo charge? Nope that's here.

4K video capture? Already did it.

Super Duper Power Saving Mode? Been doing that too.

Improved security features for corporate users? Been there, done that.

Improve the often neglected front facing camera? Dag nabbit, that's here also!

Well let me suggest a few fun ideas and one serious one (you can decide which is which):

• How about we elevate this Edge thing a bit and go full on Edge Border?.give me my RSS feeds scrolling around the entire phone perimeter. "Introducing the Galaxy S7 Perimeter" TM pending. (Seriously this would be cool.)
  • Or how about mind control unlocking, let's be honest, this is where it's headed (lame pun intended) anyways, let's just speed things up huh? If that's too advanced you can save it for the SG8, we can start with retina scanning in the SG7.
  • I know you are working on folding phone technology. I remember reading last year that the hope was that the Note series would have a folding Note device by in 2015/2016. So let's bring it to the non-Note series also!!!

• How about coating the glass in an invisible rubber substance, that will allow the phone to bounce like a quarter machine bouncing ball, instead of falling flat giving user's heart attacks and stress acne hoping that the screen didn't scratch/fracture.
  • Finally, how about adding some actual external speaker power to this bad boy, and integrate media controls into the Edge (both visual and gesture based.) I would argue the one thing the Galaxy series has yet to even attempt to tackle or lead the industry in is external speaker sound/clarity. You launched Milk Music. Why not promote that a bit with a phone that is capable of being a pocket stereo system?

You're welcome Samsung. Those were free and on the house. Consider it a HUGE thank you from my time living in South Korea and the great joy you brought me at every Samsung Lions baseball game I attended. You introduced me to the "Thunder Stick" back in 1999 and showed me that Baseball games are enhanced with cheerleaders. Now we are finally even.

พริ้วไปกับ Samsung Lion CheerleadersImage

Pictures found via google.com/images Here and Here, they are not my own.

PRODUCT AMBASSADOR DISCLAIMER

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."