cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Wrapping it up with my thoughts on the GS6 Camera

Sprint Product Ambassador

As I wrap up my time with the GS6 Edge I want to provide some parting thoughts on what quickly became my favorite feature of the device, the camera.   I’ll cover a few of the high level specs below but for context around my opinions I am probably your average camera enthusiast.   I enjoy capturing special moments in my life but I can’t say I fit in the category of users who take pictures of every facet of their lives.   For me a good camera experience is one that affords the opportunity to take high quality photos without having to optimize settings or continually adjust to match lighting conditions.   Basically advanced photo bugs like my sister would call me camera illiterate. . .   I’m ok with that, actually I more than ok with that.

The Specs

For those of you transitioning from a GS5 you will note the 16MP camera rating and think the camera goes unimproved but that’s not the case.   Vs. it’s predecessor the GS6 sports a larger F1.9 aperture which improves low light photo performance considerably.   My GS5’s performance in low light wasn’t horrible but comparing side by side results of a low light environment is noticeable. In short the larger aperture means more light exposure which in turn translates to improved imagery.   For context I’m attaching a low light picture I took with my GS6 at a concert, love the clarity.

britfloyd.jpg

Usability

Aside from picture quality I really enjoyed the feature improvements made to enhance the camera's user experience.   First and foremost is the opportunity to quick launch the camera which is as fast as advertised.   Double tapping the home button launches the camera application in under a second.   Very convenient and a well thought out way to address the ability to take spur of the moment pictures that happen in everyday life.  Between the quick launch feature and the camera’s ability to quickly focus I think you will be pleasantly surprised how effective you will be at capturing those precious fleeting moments.   The camera performs admirably in motion as well by employing “Object Tracking Auto Focus” and “Optical Image Stabilization”.    These two features aid the camera in clearly capturing a subject in motion and mitigate any potential blur that might be caused by the device’s motion. 

In closing I’ve really enjoyed my time with the GS6 Edge, the edge screen doesn’t pack a ton of utility but it does add a depth to the screen that you just don’t get from the flat variant.   Beautifully designed, great display, amazing camera, and really good external speaker sound quality.   If you can’t tell I’m a fan, but it has been earned.  Samsung’s ability to successfully refine their products generation to generation has won me over and looking forward to their future offerings.

Until Next Time:

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee